Warming The Groom's Icy Feet

I really enjoyed writing this chapter! Hopefully you'll enjoy reading it too.

:)

•~•~•~•~•~•

"If you came here to try and convince me to marry Katy you're wasting your time because that's not going to happen." He snaps. His voice breaks through the silence around us.

"I came here to talk you out of leaving my sister at the altar." I say.

"Did you not hear what I just said?" The hostility in voice stings.

"Why are you being so hostile?" I ask, calmly.

"You know why." He states. His gaze is still firmly fixated on the scenery in front of him.

"Is this because I refused to let you deflower me?" I question. He remains silent. "Or is it because you're convinced that I slept with Logan?" He instantly tenses up at that. I sigh. "Drew. Look at me." I order. He ignores me. "Drew." Nothing. I reach out and cup his chin, gently turning his face so that he's looking at me. "I. Did. Not. Sleep. With. Logan." He slaps my hand away from his chin. Ouch.

"So you decided to wear his shirt just because you felt like it?" He asks incrediously.

"I used to wear your shirts all the time but we never had sex." I point out. He remains silent. "Look I didn't come here to argue with you or discuss my virginity. I came here because I refuse to let you leave my sister at the altar."

"You're such a hypocrite." He says.

"Excuse me?" I turn to look at him, offended by what he just said.

"The concept of me having a family with her kills you and yet you're acting as if you actually want me to marry her." He says. For the first time since I joined him on the tree trunk he turns to look at me. Without me forcing him to. "You and I both know you don't want me to marry her or any other woman."

"She's having your baby." I state.

"That doesn't mean I have to get married to her." He retorts.

"Let's say you don't get married to her." I begin. "You'd probably end up marrying me." A small smile forms on his face. "What would your kid think about his daddy being his aunt's husband? Or better yet, his cousins' daddy too?"

"Poor kid would be extremely confused." He says.

"Exactly."

"It still doesn't mean I have to marry Katy." He states.

"You can't dump her at the altar after everything's she put into planning the wedding. No one deserves that. Not even a bitch like Katy." I tell him. He sighs and hops down from the tree trunk only to stand in front of me.

"I also can't marry her whilst being in love with another woman." He retorts.

"Drew-"

He interrupts me before I have the chance to say anything else. "I need to hear you say it."

I frown. "Say... what?"

"That you don't want me to marry her." There's an emotion in his eyes that I can't seem to put my finger on.

"What?"

"You've said you love me but you've never actually said that you don't want me to marry her." He states. True.

I laugh nervously. "Because I don't need to. You know that I don't."

"I need to hear you say it." He repeats.