The Devil's Maid Of Honor

Spent the whole afternoon working on this and I've finally finished writing it. Yay!

Enjoy!

•~•~•~•~•~•

"What do you mean she can't make it?" Katy bombards Drew with questions.

"Her mom and sister were in a car accident, she has to stay with them at the hospital." Drew tells my flustered sister.

"I don't care! I need her here not there!" She exclaims angrily.

Now you may be wondering why I'm listening in on their conversation so let me elaborate; I was asked by the receptionist to deliver a box sent to Katy from the boutique since I was heading up to the same floor. When I arrived at her suite, Logan in tow, I found the door ajar. I had intended to enter the suite, leave the box on the table and leave straight away but Logan had other plans. He thought it was a brilliant idea to stay and snoop around her suite. We were fine until Katy returned with Drew hence why we're currently hiding behind the wall connecting the bedroom to the living room.

"How am I supposed to find a damn replacement in less than two weeks?" Katy bombards Drew with yet another question.

"You could ask Ella to do it." He suggests.

"I would rather stick hot pins in my eyes." She rejects his suggestion with a scowl on her face.

Bitch.

Drew sighs loudly. "Come on, I'll make us some snacks." He tells her. Their footsteps echo around the suite as they walk to the small kitchen all the suites in this hotel have.

"Let's go." Logan whispers before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the bedroom with him. We high tail it out of their suite before they return to the living room.

So Katy would rather stick hot pins in her eyes than have me, her older sister, be her maid of honour.

I would rather stick pins in my eyes than be part of her bridal party.

•~•~•~•~•~•

8:00 am

It's highly unfair that Logan can sleep like a baby no matter what he's been through during the day. I've been awake since 5:00 am because Drew won't get out of my damn mind. Whenever I close my eyes images of him reciting the same vows he said to me when were eight, to Katy appear in my mind along with images of him with children that aren't mine. The whole concept of him marrying Katy and forming a family with her gives me nightmares. At 6:00 am I gave up trying to sleep and took myself to the living room where Logan's sleep wouldn't be disturbed by my tossing and turning. I've been catching up on the 15 episodes of Teen Wolf that I've missed.

"You're gonna be okay." Braeden tells Derek.

"It's a mortal wound. And right now I'm feeling pretty mortal." Derek tells Braeden who gives him a serious look.

"I'm not gonna let you die."

I look up from my iPhone screen at the sound of knocking. Someone's at the door. I remove one of my headphones and hop off the couch. Whoever's behind the door knocks a second time just as I reach it. I open it to reveal one of the hotel employees. He's holding a very large box in his arms.

"Miss Vazquez asked me to deliver this to you." He says referring to the box.

"Oh... Right." I shove my iPhone in my pocket and take the box from his arms. "Thank you." He nods curtly and gives me a warm smile before disappearing down the hallway.

I close the door with my foot and walk over to the small table in the living room. It's only as I place the box on the table that I notice the words 'Brooke's Bridal Boutique' printed on the lid. My eyebrows crease together in a frown. Curiosity gets the best of me and I find myself opening it. A gasp escapes my lips as it's contents come into view. There, beneath a white sheet of tissue paper, is the last dress I tried on at the boutique. Yes, dress #15, the one I fell in love with. A small card is laying on top of it. I pick it up and open it.