Chapter Eleven | Telling Stories, And Little Lies.

"Hang on, you paid everyone on the poker table three hundred thousand so that Athena could win?" Layla chuckles, a smile crossing her mouth.

"She said she couldn't play, and she was right."

"That's pretty romantic of you." She glances down at her book, "so why did you spill wine on her?"

"Because she was flirting with my fucking step brother."

"Were you jealous?"

"No, I am not jealous of Darren." I point out.

"By these stories you're telling me, I don't see a growth in the two of you."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, have you ever had any moments? Romantic moments, where you talk for endless hours?" I pause, the memories slowly falling back into my mind.

"Well, we did...we did have a moment...where she fucking bought a cat knowing damn well I was allergic." Layla's eyes widen. "After Casino night, she was just throwing pranks at me-almost trying to kill me and so I did it too. It got bad though."

Layla rubs her face, "Luca. You know what I'm talking about."

"It felt good, I never had a childhood-so she was like a breath of fresh air."

"So what happens next?"

"Well, it was Christmas and my mother is a catholic so we take it serious. The entire family came over."

Since the whole family had to travel for a long time, Luca's mother suggested they stay at Luca's mansion

Since the whole family had to travel for a long time, Luca's mother suggested they stay at Luca's mansion. Indicating that every guest room was occupied. We returned home from another event, and Luca had to return to the bedroom to sleep there. I slam the door open and land on the bed.

"I cannot be bothered to shower-or even change."

"Unless you want to sleep with the dress on, I don't care." He slides his blazer off and chucks it to the side.

"I am so drunk." I whisper out as he enters the bathroom and puts the shower on, his phone rings and he exits the room to answer it.

I take off my clothes and enter the bathroom while removing my bra clip.

I drop it to the ground, half intoxicated and worn out. My head luxuriates in the warm water as I step into the shower. I groan as it pours down my back, causing my curls to flatten and darken-never has warm water felt so nice.

The shower curtains suddenly rip open, I release a hefty scream and immidtaley punch the person right in the face. A grunt is heard, and suddenly a loud noise echoes the room. I grab the towel and wrap it around my body before exiting the shower to see Luca on the ground.

Blood leaking out of his nose.

"What the fuck!" I scream at him. "You scared the living shit out of me."