Chapter Eighteen | Ball Gowns, Suits And Lies.

"So the plan for her father continued?" Layla asks me.

"Yes, but before we get there-do you remember my first love?"

"I do." She nods.

"What was her name?"

"Amara."

"Now this is where everything comes together, I found out things-I never thought would be true."

We could not keep our hand off one another, but we only showed affection in the bedroom or whenever we were in private

We could not keep our hand off one another, but we only showed affection in the bedroom or whenever we were in private. We had an entire stalker onto us both, and we both came to a theory that Darren was sending those photos to my father. It made sense.

I watch as the maids zip up the back of my dress, I pull my hair to one side as I glance in the mirror.

It is made of corded lace and has a unique power mesh backing up to mid-thigh for modest coverage and a tight fit. The v-ruffled neckline's ruffles are quite flattering, and they're held in place by adjustable satin straps for a good fit.

Once I slide on my black heels, I turn to see Luca with a black suit on.

The maids leave the room, and he walks up to me holding a red soft jewellery box. He then opens it, a red ruby set. "These have fitted camera's and a mic in the earrings. We can talk to you, see you and make sure you're safe. Press the necklace if you're in any danger." He raises the necklace and I turn around as he clasps it on for me.

I look at him through the mirror, he stood so tall even with me in heels.

His body was twice the size of my own.

He then fits the earrings for me.

I turn around to face him, "I'd kiss you but I'm wearing red lipstick." I whisper gently, brushing my hands across his blazer to straighten it out.

"Be careful Athena."

"I will Luca," he nods his head and leans his forehead onto mine.

"Boss! We need to leave." Luca takes my hands into his and we exit the bedroom, before he releases it. We head to the black SUVs; the door is opened for me, and I slide inside along with Luca.

The journey felt longer than it should be, Luca sneaked a hand across my thighs whilst looking out the window. I made sure to raise my knife strap further up my leg. Was I scared to face my father? Maybe.

But this was for my sister.

And for Anna.

We reach the front of the hotel; Luca exits the car and holds the door for me. I slip my hand into his as we exit, he glances down at me and nods his head. We make our way inside, and suddenly all eyes were on us.

"The Romano's actually attended?"

"I thought they never come to these things."

Whispers and word travelled fast about our arrival, enough for my father to push past the crowd. "Well, if it is not my favourite daughter." He engulfs me into a hug and tries to shake Luca's hands.