Secluded Passion: DC

Harley threw her bat against several rows of lined pottery: they shattered in a spectacular showering of beige crystal; dust scattered amongst the air, while other pieces fell with a loud clank!
"That was for Mr.J bringing Bat-brain!" She yelled, and broke more pots.
"And for leaving me with him and the cops!" She broke another row of pottery.
"And for laughing in my face when I actually considered returning home!"
Her eyes blurred, yet her heart's fury remained; she sniffled stepping through the haze of broken decorations for another bout of destruction.

And for what was almost an hour did she smash and mutilate the once proud storage warehouse. Her tight black and red jeans and matching jacket were coated in dust; her pigtails similarly heavy in such, and her painted face smeared with the few tears not absorbed in what chaos she'd wrought.
"Stupid!" She grumbled. "Trusting him again - just like last time!"
She raised her bat again for another strike: her muscles ready, and her eyes in anticipation for the music of a thousand shards of expertly crafted decor to shine within.
However, she couldn't; her chest heavy, her eyes watering once again, and her grip weakening. She let her bat fall with a humorous round of thuds; and she fell with her back against the steel shelf.
"Just another sick joke," she mumbled into her arms. Her head rest upon her sleeves, and her tears falling now in scattered drips and drops of various sizes.

A sudden crash alerted her: she grabbed her bat and stood against the shelf, inching closer against the end and peering around cautiously.
"Red!" She sighed, dropping her bat and alerting Ivy.
"Harley!" Poison Ivy stated calmly. "I figured you'd retreat here."
She opened her arms and nigh fell backward as Harley jumped into her somewhat itchy embrace.
"I'm sorry, Red!" Harley sobbed into her shoulder.
"Sorry for what?" Ivy asked. She gently pried Harley away: she wiped away her oncoming stream of tears, and her voice low and smooth.
"I'm trying!" Harley stated. "I know what you said before is true - and I still fell for him."
Ivy raised her brow; her crimson lips pursed with both confusion and doubt. And from Harley's perspective - Ivy's simple crimson jacket and dark jeans adorned her form with a powerful if not gentle aura.
"Harley," she said, "I was there."
Harley's eyes darted from hers, and her voice quiet: "I didn't know that."
"I wouldn't know when my plants were being poisoned?" Ivy asked.
"I was trying to stop them!" Harley rebuked.
"By potentially ruining your rehabilitation?" Ivy said. "Going behind Batman's back and running with that miserable clown again?"

"What?" Harley whispered; "I wasn't with puddin' - J-joker!"
"Really?"
"Ivy!" Harley gasped. "I said I'm trying! But that awful cheapskate: he knew my plans."
"That you were trying to stop my flower shop from being raided?"
Harley remained quiet for a time within Ivy's grasp.
"Harley," Ivy began with a firm tone: "you told him."
"I did," Harley admitted. "He came to me though - tried luring me back in."
"That's why your face is painted?" Ivy asked while rubbing away some of Harley's streaming makeup.
"No!" Harley sobbed; "I left Harleen at home."
"Oh," Ivy stated calmly. "So, is Harleen talking?"
Harley gazed into Ivy's deep green eyes with her own becoming a haze: she wrestled out her arms and began wiping away her now smeared cheeks.
"Harley," Ivy whispered. "Stop."
"It's Harleen!"
"Harley!" Ivy stated. "You can stop."
Harley swallowed, and allowed her arms fall weak; she watched as Ivy met her and began meticulously clearing her face.
"Your name is nothing," she said. "Is Harleen, here."
Harley nodded.
"Follow me," Ivy said.
"What?" Harley asked, though was abruptly lead out of the warehouse and into the forests close behind. She was led further into the woods until any sign of road or streetlight was forgotten.
"Ivy," Harley sighed, "where are we going?"
"Not far," Ivy stated.
Harley was led further in the forests: what little moonlight around them was now peering through in shatters of dim luminescence. Harley sneezed and waved away the unusually high amount of pollen and pine needles.
"How much farther, Red?" She asked with a stuffy voice.
"Here," Ivy said, stopping between four close pine trees.
Harley sighed waiting for her guide's next action.
"Hold on," Ivy warned: she held Harley's hands tight; and Harley, nearly stumbling - though with Ivy remaining tall - shot forth into the air.
"Red!" She shouted.
Her eyes shut, she felt the once warm air of the dense forest change for a pleasant cool breeze, and her jacket now proving insufficient in warming her.
"Red?" She asked with worry.
"You're not dead," Ivy chuckled.
Harley opened one eye, and gasped, almost falling again: they were matching the height of the surrounding pine trees; their heads aligning the tops.
"What is this?" Harley asked, scanning her surrounds.
"I love coming up close to the tree tops!" Ivy sighed; she tugged on a pine tree and watched its needles float and fall around them.
Harley sneezed again: "sorry."
Ivy chuckled. "Look," she said, pointing upward.
Harley followed her finger and gaped: the night sky had been unburdened and shone with brilliance. Its constellations, history, and unmatched wonder overwhelmed her: a series of velvet belts overlapping the dark curtain; and a wave of somehow shifting and shimmering stars floated as though they were themselves imaginary.
"Peace," Ivy stated. "Up here is where I will always find it."
She met Harley with a slow embrace; her arms snaked around her waist, and her crimson lips parted with a single kiss upon her neck.
"Wow, Red," Harley gasped. "It's beautiful."