A royal dinner: Destiny

Sarah docked her ship within the Tower's hangar and teleported onto the familiar floor surrounding dozens of other guardian ships: either deconstructed, their engines opened and tubes severed, or pristine with the emaculate shine of grease. She removed her helmet and allowed her blonde hair fall carelessly down against her lower back; and her green eyes reflected the sun and cast her freckled cheeks in a bright luminescence.
"Sarah!" She heard Amanda call.
"Hey Holliday!" Sarah answered. "Workin' tough?"
"Just as usual!" Amanda pat Sarah's shoulder; and Sarah smiled, matching Amanda's stride as they walked toward the noodle stand.
"Oh!" Sarah grunted. "You've the scent of sweat!"
"We can't all be instantly fresh," Amanda chuckled. "At least your free from roamin' eyes."
"I'd peep a look," Sarah remarked with a grin.
"Of course you would," Amanda sighed. "Anyway, I'm starved!"
They sat beside each other and ordered their usual bowl of ramen, spiced with pepper dust. Sarah devoured her helping and motioned for another, and Amanda still slurped at hers.
"You hungry girl!" She chuckled.
"I'm surprised you're so calm!" Sarah laughed. "Dealing with our busted ships everyday - I sometimes feel bad."
"Feel sorry for the guardians who believe they don't need a tune-up," Amanda remarked.
"And not see your pretty face?" Sarah remarked.
Amanda averted her eyes and smirked. She spoke slow, yet deliberate. "We didn't work for a reason."
"Hey," Sarah said quietly. "I'm jesting! I know you didn't like -"
"You didn't like my attitude!" Amanda interjected.
"I was going to say you didn't like my dangerous life," Sarah said with a hue of hurt about her eyes. She followed Amanda's struggle in meeting hers.
"You're right," she whispered. "I guess I prefer stability."
"Besides," Sarah chuckled humorlessly, "you could never handle me."
"Oh yeah?" Amanda smirked. "I seem to remember having you paralyzed the night of our Tower's celebration."
Sarah scoffed: "I let you."
"Oh right!" Amanda huffed.
"I did!"
"Liar!"
Amanda pushed Sarah without her ex moving an inch; and Sarah smiled seeing Amanda blush.
"We could," she began, "maybe let our hair down tonight."
"Oh?" Sarah said. "I'd love nothing more than to prove you wrong. However -"
"You're busy," Amanda remarked.
"I am."
"Should've known."
"Hey -"
"No," Amanda said, obviously restraining a cry. "I-it's alright; I needed to see to your ship anyway."
"Baby," Sarah grabbed Amanda's arm gently.
"I'm not, anymore," Amanda whispered.
Sarah let her go and watched her dissappear into the crowd. She grit her teeth and returned toward her meal: now appearing less appetizing.

She recalled her many months spent within her warmth. How they first met with her knowing not even which stick propelled her forward within her cockpit. Amanda teaching her; and her lover's small frame consumed over her large arms. Her sudden blush hidden underneath the faint streaks of grease. She recalled their first kiss tangled between the rays of moonlight set atop the Tower's tallest peak; and their subsequent night spent in sweat and heated breaths.

She pushed her bowl away and decided her mission must await her: for her heart still blazed for her lover's arms, her lips and body pressing together as once their hearts were. She made past Shax waving toward her, and past several fellow Guardians examining Banshee's wares - and one calling her over.
"Sarah!"
"Not now, Ruth," Sarah growled.
"Now is not the time, I know," Ruth explained, his voice quiet. "But this mission, man! You won't believe who's it for!"
"Doesn't matter."
"It does when Mara is."
Sarah stopped and turned; Ruth's brunette hair, short and combed aside betrayed his fierce strength. His brown eyes rooted her in place as he spoke.
"The awoken queen, Sarah!"
"Shush!" Sarah hissed. She dragged him away and into a corner of the hangar. "Mara Sov is expecting this!"
"Yes!" Ruth laughed. "You know how many shards a queen holds? Imagine the glimmer!"
"All for a package," Sarah mused. "It must be dangerous for a queen entrusting us."
"No shipping labels!" Ruth continued laughing. "No official overview - off the books!"
Sarah's expression lifted imagining the glory the queen of the Awoken would carry: and for a meager delivery job. However, realizing how simple such a detail was, her lips faded into a frown.
"What's the catch?"
"There is none!" Ruth laughed. "Only don't open the package; but that's honor anyway."
Sarah placed her hands on her hips and chewed her lip in thought.
"We've done worse," said Ruth.
Sarah huffed. "Let's take it."
"Yes!" Ruth exclaimed. "I'll have it on board your ship in a regular engram; just deliver it and go."