Sudden Encounter: Destiny

"Are you dropping in?" Amanda asked.
"Yeah," Isaac answered, his voice sonorous from within his cockpit. "Just sent a final message to Mara; I'll be there soon."
He heard Amanda scoff, before a loud clank of what he deemed some misplaced wrench boomed in his ears. "Don't break a toe!" He laughed.
"I'll break your heart!" Amanda said, her snark tone quieter.
"You always get this way after I see her," he said.
"I know what she's like," Amanda remarked.
"We're professionals," Isaac said; his voice showed an obvious defeat.
"She's also the Awoken queen; you think a random guardian would sway her?"
"Probably not," he heard Amanda say after a pause. "But someone like you."
"Me?" He laughed. "I'm already taken, sweetheart."
"Your moves worked on me."
"Oh, I didn't realize I was dating Mara; no wonder she gave me that kiss earlier."
He chuckled, though his humor was left to him alone, as Amanda's comm remained quiet: save for the obvious cranks of hard machinery and the echoes of docking ships.
"Amanda?" He called after some time.
"Amanda ain't here right now," she scolded.
"Honey," Isaac said cutely.
"Go honey up Mara!" Amanda hushed, though her frustration clear.
"Or," Isaac began, "I could honey you up." He smirked imagining her face brighten, even checking both shoulders for potential eavesdroppers.
"Are you droppin' by?" She finally asked.
"Oh! Now you're interested," he laughed.
"Shut up!" She said.
Issac chuckled; he listened to her ambient grunts alongside machinery and tools banging in her audio.
"I could use a break," she admitted.
"I hear that," he agreed. "I'll set my coordinates."
"Yours is the last ship I'll be fixin'."
"Really?" Isaac sighed.
"Just get down here, honey," Amanda ordered. "And be safe."
"You too."

***

Isaac transported within the tower's courtyard; he shielded his green eyes from the sun; his dirty brown hair messy from his helmet's tight fight. And his cape, green, and torn and tattered, flapped above his ankles.
His matching chest plate and pants were adorned with a lone tree; so was his cape.
Around him was bustling with myriad guardians: some huddled together, others speaking while traveling.
He took a lung full of air, and made for their hangar bay.
"Isaac!" Called a gruff voice from behind.
He turned and witnessed his old friend Dirge: his muscular physique matched well his bearded expression.
"You tough bastard!" Isaac shouted, gripping Dirge's hand tight, and both seeing who would give.
"I always gotta bail you out of fights?" Dirge asked.
"Only when you start 'em!" Isaac remarked, near out of breath.
Dirge scoffed, and let him go. "You're fortunate we don't die easy."
"Legends never die."
"They inspire!" Dirge laughed heartily. "Oh - Mara never knew!"
"You know her," Isaac began. "A better reward in instance over acceptance."
"So you meant to release the Taken in her quarters?" Dirge raised his eyebrow.
"Possibly," said Isaac. "I'll explain as we go."
"Meeting Amanda?"
"Yup."

"Genius play!" Dirge exclaimed.
"Damnit!" Amanda shouted, her voice covered under a large metallic boom. "Dirge!" She continued: "I told you - shut it while I'm down here!"
Dirge held his hands up in defeat.
"And Isaac," she said, "what happened to your ship!?"
"It's nothing you can't fix!" Isaac remarked, shrugging toward his admittedly damaged hull.
"Course I can," she said. "But what happened?"
"Well -"
"I know when I'm not needed," Dirge interrupted. "I'll catch you two later."
He patted Isaac's shoulder before leaving the two alone.
Amanda huffed, and returned to her work.
"Now tell me what happened," she ordered.

Isaac had complied and, while undressing unto his simple undershirt and pants, retold his journey of him and Dirge recovering an artifact of importance to Mara Sov; and unleashing a horde of Taken into her personal chambers.
"Seriously!" Amanda sighed.
"Seriously," Isaac mimicked.
"You keep playing at these games and you'll get played!"
"I wasn't playing!" Isaac laughed. "We recovered the artifact and, well, it turned to be more dangerous than anticipated."
"Uh-huh," Amanda sighed. "Listen: I need to focus."
"Alright," Isaac said. "I'll get on my armor."
He retreated back to his shelved armor and carried them further inside of the bowels of the tower. He placed them atop a bench asorted with a myriad tools: he grunted lifting a heavy set of pliers, and began undoing his cape.