Six

Word count: 1037

--------

[LUKE'S POV]

Ashton hasn't been here for the past two days and I hope he's fine. He's just a classmate but still.

I didn't expect him to show up today, I don't know why, I just had a gut feeling. He wasn't at his table when I got to the cafeteria during lunch so I went to my corner. I put in my earbuds and pulled out the chemistry homework that we already have.

I haven't really gotten other homework, just need to brainstorm about things to destroy my demon with, something that I can actually draw and be fine with it being shared with the class. I still mildly regret drawing my actual demon, I know better than that but now I need to deal with it.

Me and Calum talked a bit during class and he said his demon was supposed to be like a dead and broken organ. He said that he didn't know what to do with it since we can't change our demon so he can't just make a "transplant". I found it kind of funny how he put it like that, I feel like we can be friends but for now, we're classmates that talk.

It's even stranger since I talked with Calum a lot more but I feel some type of way to Ashton who I hardly talked to. I don't feel any way about Calum.

Anyways, half way through lunch I felt a tap on my shoulder and pulled out my earbuds and looked up. No one ever talks to me, don't even mention touch me. If they do, it's to fight or the fact that I'm in the way and need to be moved.

So when I looked up to see Ashton, I was shooked and extremely happy. I missed him so much and I don't know why. I missed his eyes, his hairs and just everything.

"Hey Luke." He said. God, I miss his voice too. But something seemed a bit off.

"Hey Ashton. You okay?" I asked, he had me full of worry and concern. He doesn't show up for two days and comes back looking dead. Maybe he was sick.

"I'm fine, wanna come sit at the table?" He asked, clearly not wanting to talk about it. I stood up and packed my things up as he went to the table and unpacked his lunch.

Ashton: "So what did I miss?"

Me: "Not too much, but a lot."

Ashton: "Thanks. How much is "not too much, but a lot" considered?"

Me: "We got through like half a unit already. Do you want me to get the work out?"

Ashton: "Sure."

I grabbed my chemistry binder out of my bag and started showing Ashton the work. He was confused but understood most of it. I told him that the teacher probably has extra sheets and he can get them during his spare so I can help him with them. So, once third period started, he left his bag and stuff at the table and went to get the papers. He told me he'd be back soon, I hope he comes back like really soon because I hate being alone and with other people's stuff. Especially if it belongs to Ashton Irwin who everyone knows.

Of course, with my amazing luck, some kid, who I can already tell is nothing good, came up to me.

"Anyone sitting here?" He asked.

"Yeah." God, I need Ashton. I feel powerless, this boy is going to kill me now.

Boy: "Well, who?"

Me: "Why does it matter?"

Boy: "Why does it matter it you tell me? What's the big deal?"

I stayed quiet and didn't respond.

Boy: "Just talk goddamn. It's not that hard. Unless you're just a small schoolgirl who is too much of a pussy."

Me: "Just leave me alone, okay?" I don't know how I was able to talk, but I appreciate myself for it even though I know it'll make no difference.

Boy: "Make me. But before you do, I'm just going to take this-"

He started to take Ashton's bag but before he could fully grab it I slapped his hand, hard.

He winced in pain before slapping my hand. It didn't hurt much.

Boy: "What's your problem!?"

Me: "I said, just leave me alone. This isn't yours so leave it."

Boy: "Who would give there stuff to-"

Ashton: "What's going on here!?"

Ashton ran into this and the boy's head snapped into his direction.

Ashton: "What are you doing this time Michael?"

Boy (apparently named Michael): "H-how d-do you know m-my name Ashton?"

Ashton: "Because I'm Ashton Irwin and I know basically everyone, including the new kids. Besides, you've done too much for me to not know your name."

Michael: "Oh. Uh. Um. I'll go."

Ashton: "You're not going anywhere unless I tell you that you can leave."

The boy, Michael, obeyed. I find it extremely interesting how Ashton is able to make people do what he says, it's like he's one of the ones who rule this place.

Michael: "Yes. What do you need?"

Ashton: "A few things. One. An apology to Luke. Two. An answer to why in the world you were trying to steal my stuff. And three. What else did you do to him?"

Michael: "Sorry Luke."

Me: "It's fine, whatever."

Michael: "Uh, I wanted the stuff cuz I felt like it. And I didn't do anything else to Luke."

Me: "Yeah right." I said, more of a mumble and didn't mean it to be heard, but Ashton heard.

Ashton: "Micheal, I want the real answers."

Michael: "I wanted the stuff because I wanted to be mean and prove my strength and show that I stand this ground and everyone should be scared of me. And I only slapped him once he slapped me when I was trying to get the bag."

Ashton: "Better answer. Still not satisfied but just so you know, next time I catch you, I won't be as nice as I have been for all this time."

Michael: "Mhm. That all?"

Ashton: "One more thing. Don't mess with Luke."

Michael: "Sure."

Ashton: "Okay, now leave."

And with that, Micheal left.