Sixteen

Word count: 1381

--------

[3RD PERSON POV]

Luke woke up to the sound of his alarm and he knew what that meant. It was finally Monday and he would get to see Ashton after a week. Hopefully.

He got to school, did everything he needed to, and went to the cafeteria. He saw Ashton there and went to the table where he was.

[A: Ashton      L: Luke]

A: "Hey Lu- Woah. You okay dude?"

L: "I don't wanna talk about it. I'm alive so that's good. I wasn't close to being killed but I'm not going to explain anything at school."

A: "Then let's leave."

L: "We'll be skipping."

A: "Yes."

L: "They'll call my parents."

A: "They won't if I tell them we're doing something. C'mon, let's go, it's gonna be okay."

Luke and Ashton made their way to the office where Ashton told the person at the front desk that he and Luke "have some things they need to take care of and might not come back."

The lady told them that it was all good and the absence will be excused, meaning there won't be a call home. Luke was nothing but grateful for that.

They made their way outside and they sat down on the side of the school, leaning against the brick wall. It wasn't the most comfortable thing, but it's not the worst.

A: "So, I don't want all the details if you're not comfortable sharing it, but I need to know a few things."

L: "Okay."

A: "I know it'll probably be hard for you to answer, so would you prefer I ask the questions and you reply with yes/no answers or would you prefer to say the answer?"

L: "Yes/no."

A: "Okay. Did you get these marks when you were on the 'vacation'?"

L: "Yes."

A: "Are they from the people you were staying with?"

L: "Yes."

A: "Do these people usually do this to you?"

L: "Yes and no."

A: "Has this been happening for more than 10 years?"

L: "Yes."

A: "Are they your parents?"

L: "Yes."

A: "Are you okay if I continue?"

L: "Yes."

A: "Do you feel safe around them?"

L: "No."

A: "Do you have others you feel safe around or trust?"

L: "Kind of."

A: "Do you have anywhere else to go?"

L: "Don't know."

A: "Are you comfortable telling me what happened?"

L: "Yes."

A: "Do you want to?"

L: "Yes."

A: "Take your time, I'm here."

L: "My parents take me to the same hotel each year and we stay for a week at a time. I don't know where it is though. It's stupid but I don't know. We go on a plane there. They hold my ticket. They usually just leave me alone and come back in the night. They don't let me have my phone or anything like that. All I do is sleep usually. And think. This time, on the first full day, they took me to a restaurant. I said I was going to the washroom and I found someone who worked there. I asked where we were and he was about to tell me but my mom appeared behind me and told me to go. As we were leaving later, the boy gave me a note. I put it in my pocket before my parents could see. When we got home, they took turns spanking, hurting, and tormenting me. I blacked out. I woke up and read the note. It was from Niall. The boy was Niall. When I was talking to him, by that I mean I was in his presence for less than a minute, he seemed Irish. I thought for a split second it could be him but I didn't know how he'd look now. But it was him."