Twenty six

Word count: 607

-------

[NIALL'S POV]

I woke up to a light sound of whimpering so I went to check on Luke.

I opened his door and he was pale.

I immediately went over to him and started lightly shaking him and repeating his name over and over again but he wasn't responding.

His eyes were twitching and his breathe was uneven. It's most likely a nightmare but I don't know what he could've done.

"Luke, Lukey, please. Mate, please, I need you. Please Lukey please!"

I started shaking him harder and harder and I was becoming a mess. I couldn't imagine losing Luke after I basically just got him back. I don't want to think about it.

I was so caught up in my thoughts and mess that I didn't realise my mom had walked in and was trying to calm me down. It's like I knew what was happening but I didn't. But I just suddenly snapped back to reality.

I was sitting on my mom's lap in a ball as she ran her fingers through my hair and rubbed my back.

After a long time, I was calm again. Until I looked at Luke.

He was less pale but his breathing was lower and his eyes weren't moving. He looked almost dead.

I walked over to his bed. This was going to be the last thing I saw to him before I call for medical help. I hope that isn't needed.

"Hey, Lukey?"

As I touched his shoulder he moved a bit. The relief that gave me, no one will understand that.

"Hey bud. Luke, wake up."

He turned to face me and opened his eyes. They were filled with pure terror and confusion. He looked as if he saw death. Maybe he did, he's been through so much, I won't be surprised if he did.

Me: "You okay Luke?"

Luke: "N-Niall? Y-you. M- I- what?"

Me: "Luke, what happened?"

Luke: "I-I got-"

Luke definitely wasn't himself and it was scaring me. By the way it seemed, he had a horrible nightmare that felt real but I just need to know what happened.

Me: "Luke? You got what?"

Luke: "I don't know. Electrocuted. I forgot everything. Y-you were crying and I didn't know who you were. I-I didn't like it Ni. I saw light and I was floating. I-I was about to die."

My guess was scarily right but that didn't mean I knew how to respond.

So, when in doubt, just hug. Strongly. And lovingly.

Eventually, I got Luke to calm down. My mom already went back to bed once Luke woke up because I told her to go sleep.

He asked if I could cuddle with him and I of course agreed. Who doesn't need a Hemmings hug? Even when he's the small spoon, most of the time, it's still a Hemmings hug (or Hemmings cuddle but that doesn't sound as good).

I could imagine a bit of why he was scared as shit but it still hurt seeing him, or anyone, like it. Well, he did just get discharged from the hospital. Also, Luke's cast was irritating him and yesterday before we left, they cut his cast off and gave him a boot. Like one of those things that are like a cast but you can take them off. His foot was healing really well and he will only have to wear it for another month or so hopefully.

After around an hour, Luke seemed asleep, so I let myself enter the subconscious land called dreams.