Thirteen

Word count: 720

*TOUCHES ON ABUSE AND SELF HARM IN THIS CHAPTER. NOT A LOT, BUT JUST A WARNING*

--------

[LUKE'S POV]

We leave Sunday morning. I don't know where this place really is but we go here each year. All we do is go on a plane, stay in the hotel for the week and go back home on a plane. We don't leave the hotel or anything. I don't know the point but I don't really have much of a choice no matter if I want to go or not. I have to. 

Here's what usually happens at the hotel. I get my own bed and my parents share one. They leave during the day and when they come back they ask me why I haven't done anything. They tell me I'm lazy and shit like that. What am I supposed to do? I'm in a hotel room all day, there's not much to do. I know what it ends in for me. I always bring scissors if I need to cut things but I end up using it on myself. I hate it. I don't want to do it, but I do.

I can't do much but hope that this year's trip will be different. But I know it'll be the same.

I packed up all the things I needed, and a few other things. I got my teady bear which I hid at the bottom of my bag, I have two of them, Niall's mom got me and Niall two of them each. I got a few pairs of clothes, deodorant, shampoo, body wash, and all those things. As well as the thing I threw in there last minute as we were leaving the house, my scissors. They work better than a few of the blades I have, I don't know why, it just does. Besides, scissors aren't suspicious. A blade is.

We boarded the plane and all was well for now. The seats were in rows of three, I got the window seat thankfully. The plane ride was silent between us. My dad fell asleep and my mom was looking through some magazines of something. I was enjoying the silence and the window.

We got off the plane and checked into the hotel, my parents stayed which shocked me a bit. They usually leave, but not this time. The hotel was the same as all the years before, I just wish I knew where we were.

Dad: "We decided now was a nice time for us to take our vacation, you've been seeming a bit down lately."

Me: "Really? I'm perfectly fine, I just have some work but I'm fine, really."

Mom: "We're glad to hear that, just know, if you need to talk, we're here for you. We're a family."

Yeah, we are a family. So don't treat me like the shit you do. Maybe you can look to see that I'm really not fine.

Me: "Yup, I know."

Dad: "Great. We know that we usually leave you and you probably don't like it, so we thought this time we'll be together."

Mom: "Exactly. To start, we want to know more about you. We hardly know our own son. You always hide yourself but we want to see you more."

Me: "Well, I'm the same I've been all my life. I haven't found a girl I like yet but I'm just waiting for the right time. I want to be a Chemist and I know you guys want that. What else is there to say?"

Dad: "Nothing at school?"

Me: "No, what do you mean?"

Dad: "No drama? No things that are interesting?"

Me: "Nope. I would've told you if there was anything like that."

Mom: "Okay then. Tomorrow we're going to go to a restaurant and we hope you'll like it."

Me: "Sounds fun, thanks."

Dad: "We'll wake you up around half an hour before we're leaving."

Me: "Okay."

Finally. Somewhere to go. My parents always make me leave my phone at home so I never am able to see our location. I have a plan this time though. I'll excuse myself to the washroom, ask someone where we are, tell them that I got lost or something but my parents are here or something stupid. Then I'll find out where we are.