Nine

Word count: 2152

Longest chapter :)

--------

[3RD PERSON POV]

After school, Luke got home and left a note on the table telling his parents that he'll be at the park and studying with some people.

The walk to the park isn't that long but he didn't want to wait any longer at home so he left his house and went to the park. His body is full of eagerness and stress. It was just Ashton after all, just relax, he told himself. But he wants Ashton. He intrigues him. 

Once Luke got to the park, he had about 20 minutes to spare so he went for a walk around the block, it should take around 15 minutes.

As he continued to walk, he tried to calm his breath and racing heart which he didn't notice before. Why does Ashton do this to him? They're just going to be meeting so he could help Ashton. No matter how many times he said that to himself, it wouldn't change anything. He was still meeting Ashton Irwin after school hours at a park. That's enough for anyone to go crazy about. But it's weird. Luke hardly knew anything about him, he knew nothing. But still, wanted to get to know the boy and be friends, or more.

But no, they can't be together. They can't get that close. They can't be more than friends. But still, friends means that Ashton would feel it, more like Luke would be feeling it happen to Ashton. But it hasn't happened since the first day of school when he met Ashton. Maybe they have a chance then. Ashton has no idea how much he helped Luke already.

The walk was supposed to help Luke calm down, but it didn't. He ended up going in loops thinking about Ashton. And what Ashton thought of him. 

It was a few minutes before 4 when Luke got back to the park and saw a black car pull up. And none other than Ashton Irwin got out, taking his school bag with him. He saw Luke and waved his way, Luke waving back. They ended up walking to a tree with tons of shade and sat down on the grass.

Luke felt safe in a weird way, Ashton made him feel safe. Especially after hearing how he beat up three boys that were two years older than him at the time.

They quickly got to work and were able to finish everything that Ashton missed in around two and a half hours but still had the work from today left. Before they continued with the rest of their work, they wanted to take a small break. Being at a playground at almost 7 pm, there weren't any kids so they decided to go on it. 

Luke was a bit self-conscious and nervous, not wanting his lacy coral/pink panties to be shown if his skirt were to rise up. He wore a longer skirt, it ended at his fingertips when he put his arms down, but he was still scared of what Ashton might say if he saw it.

The playground was small but enjoyable. There's a small set of monkey bars, a few stairs and other climbing walls, 3 slides, and 2 swings on the other side. All parts being black, grey, or blue.

The boys were running around aimlessly, chasing each other and being kids again. They were in a different world, a world of freedom, just like when they were kids. It was starting to get a bit dark, but neither of them noticed, they were in the middle of an intense game of tag, chasing each other around so much but neither of them were tired. Luke was 'It' and was chasing Ashton. Luke was faster than he remembered he was, but Ashton was still faster. Ashton ran up the stairs and so did Luke. Ashton ran down another set of stairs, and so did Luke, almost catching him but missing by an inch. Ashton ran left, Luke ran right. And right into a pole. And fell.

'Goddamn it Luke, you fucking bastard, you're with Ashton Irwin, playing tag and being like a kid again. So is he. Don't turn into a baby now that you fell'. Luke cursed at himself, mad that he fell while in the middle of having fun.