Tomfoolery with Qiqi

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

                                                                                                 ❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

Poncing around Tianheng Pass was nothing but a colossal waste of time. The only exciting thing you all found was a giant crossbow and the opportunity to beat up ill-mannered treasure hoarders. No 'cocogoat' was to be seen nor witnessed; not even a clue was left behind to make you believe in its existence. Despite the useless trip, it was fun to venture on a mini trip with Aether and Paimon as you commenced a competition in which whoever made Zhongli laugh at an awful joke was the victor. To you, it felt like the fun you first experienced within Monstadt, making you realise how much you missed times like these when you could be carefree and so goofy it would cause everyone to cringe.

You were ascending the familiar Bubu Pharmacy stairs to inform Qiqi of the heartbreaking news that there is no cocogoat. Truthfully, you felt sorry for the little zombie, disappointed even at the absence of this cocogoat she spoke of dearly. Walking through the circular entrance, you saw Qiqi now in front of the counter, eagerly awaiting the good news with anticipation even though she displayed no such emotion.

"Forgive us. We were unable to fulfil the agreement of our contract. No trace of the cocogoat adeptibeast of which you speak was found." Zhongli announced, poor Qiqi now upset.

"Ah, what a disappointment. Don't worry about it. I feel very disappointed." Qiqi let out a sigh, and you frowned, wondering if you could do anything to give Qiqi as an alternative. Approaching the zombie pharmacist, you brought your hand to her head, brushing a few of her pastel purple strands. "Do you like something else other than cocogoat milk? I'm sure I can make something for you, Qiqi."

"Ah, but cocogoat milk is so tasty. So tasty. Tastier than normal goat milk. Only an adeptibeast could make such yummy milk." Qiqi explained her explanations of the drink, making you want to taste it for yourself. "I'm sorry, I have a poor memory. I can't remember the name of the milk, so I wrote it down. Where did I put it again...."

Qiqi scavenged through the desk beside her as everyone in her presence eagerly waited, one particular pixie about to burst due to impatience. "Ah, here it is. The name is "Coconut milk"."

"Ehh!?" Paimon, Aether, and even Zhongli exclaimed. You swore Paimon nearly lurched herself from Aether's side in disbelief. You couldn't help but laugh after going through half an adventure to find something that could easily be bought from a grocery stall.

"...My apologies; I should have investigated the request for the agreement further." Zhongli apologised, being the gentleman he was.

"No need, Mr Zhongli. I was quite curious about this 'cocogoat' despite how odd it sounded." You replied, Zhongli sending you a warm smile your way.

"Yeah! As the Liyue proverb goes, "All things are random, so how are you supposed to predict anything." No one saw that coming...." Paimond added.

"Excuse me, but... did Qiqi say a bad word?" Qiqi asked, concerned. You melted as you observed her doll-like eyes, giving in and cupping her pale cheeks. "of course not, Qiqi! There uh, well...."