PART TWO •Chapter 14•

Midna stood in Hyrule Field, waiting for Link to get in control of himself.

He was squatting under a tree, screaming nonstop. Tears were all over his face and he was gripping his hat.

Zant was going too far.

Then she noticed the sudden silence. She glanced over at Link and saw he was just silently shaking, still squatting under a tree though.

She flew over to him, stopping in front of him. "Link."

He didn't respond.

"Link."

No answer.

"LINK!!"

"WHAT?!" He turned his tear-streaked face around to face her.

"For goddess' sake, get your DAMN ASS UP RIGHT NOW. You're a hero. Start acting like one. I'm a heroine and I'm not sobbing on the ground. Don't you dare say it wasn't because I wasn't in love with her like you were, because I was." Link looked at her quizzically but she continued. "Now, do you want to honor your love or not?"

"Midna..."

"DO YOU WANT TO HONOR HER OR NOT?!"

"Yes of course!!"

"Then get the hell up. Straighten up. And do this favor for me."

"What favor?"

"I need you to come with me to find the Mirror of Twilight. It's hidden somewhere in Hyrule."

"The Mirror of Twilight?"

"It's our last potential link to Zant!"

"Anything to bring down that bastard!" Link growled.

"Good. Let's go then."

~•~

Link and Midna decided to speak with Telma before they went further into their quest for the Mirror of Twilight. They went through Castle Town slowly, trying to maintain a low profile. Link did anyways. Midna turned into a shadow, disguising herself in Link's.

When they walked into Telma's Bar, they were greeting by Telma's "Oh my....if it isn't Link!"

"Hey Telma." Link forced a smile.

"Oh honey. You look like you've been through the mill. Where are your two beautiful companions?"

Midna shot out of his shadow and solidified. "Hello, Telma."

"A hello to you too, Midna. Where's Zelda? Wasn't she with you?"

Link looked at the ground while Midna sighed.

Telma covered her mouth with her hand. "She...she can't be...you don't mean to tell me...that our princess is..."

"She's dead." Link said flatly.

Telma sighed. "I'm sorry, honey. I knew how much she meant to you."

"It's fine. I don't want to talk about it."

"Understandably. You actually arrived at just the right time. I was just talking about you!"

Link tilted his head. "To whom?"

"Hey everyone!" Telma shouted over at the back room. "Introduce yourselves! This handsome, dashing, young man is the 'infamous' Link!" She turned back to Link. "Remember what I told you before? Those people are the friends I mentioned. The ones that want to help with all of Hyrule's problems. We're missing just one. He's at the Eastern Desert due to a disturbing turn of events so he went to go and see that. He's an older man named Auru. If you ever meet him, devote some of your time to hear him speak. It's definitely worth it. Okay, honey? Come over and relax for a bit. Have a drink. You're old enough right?"