•Chapter 6•

Link and Midna had left the town on horseback, heading to the place where Link was from.

"What do you call your village again?"

"Ordon."

"And that's where the Forest Temple is?"

"It's in the woods near it."

Midna fell silent, deciding to trust him.

It took them a half an hour more to get there. Soon, they were in the woods.

Link hopped off of Epona, leading her in. He had left her with a friend in the Castle Town, and had gone and retrieved her.

"Try not to scare anyone." Link whispered.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Just don't yell at anyone. And keep your voice down."

Midna fell silent for a few seconds. "We got out of the Castle Town way too easily. We should've come across a guard or a trap."

Suddenly, a rope shot out and wrapped around Link's neck, pulling him to the ground. "Or an ambush." Midna said before she too was brought down.

People were around them, yelling. Midna and Link were gagged.

"Nice try invading our village." One of them said. "We are going to have to kill you now."

"Mmf!" Link attempted at speech.

"Nice try. Take them to the village!"

They were forced to their feet and pushed through the woods. "You thought you could take our village?! Nice try." They all said and yelled similar things all the way to the village.

They were forced to their knees onto a small bridge. While some men held up swords.

"Good news!" One of the men shouted. "It's time to execute more of Zant's minions." He turned to Link and Midna as people started gathering. "Any last words?"

Link and Midna both made attempts at speaking, but they couldn't get past the gags.

"That's what I thought." The man raised his sword but before he could cut-

"Wait!"

Midna and Link looked at the crowd.

A girl with blonde hair ran forward. She was wearing khakis and a tank top. "Don't you recognize Link?!"

Everyone froze. "What?" Someone said.

The girl ran up and removed Link's gag. "See?!" She yelled.

"Ilia!" Link gasped. "Thank the goddesses!"

"How come he didn't say anything?" The man asked.

"We tried, you idiot!" Midna snapped and Link gave her a look.

"I apologize for my friend. She's very stressed." Link stood as Ilia untied the ropes.

"Why are you here?" Ilia asked.

"Everyone, listen!" People began to shush each other as Link raised his hands. "Hyrule is in trouble. Zant has taken over the Castle Town. He's planning to kill the Princess! She's on the run and Midna and I are trying to find her and warn her that Zant is coming. He knows where she is."

People were gasping and looking at each other.

"Midna and I are heading for the Forest Temple."

"Link?" Someone called. Link turned and saw a man walking towards him.

"Rusl! I need your help. My sword and shield is missing. I need to borrow one from you."