•Chapter 17•

Link, as a wolf, was exiting the tunnel, the smell committed to his memory. The smell was putrid enough in Hylian form, in wolf form, he could almost see it.

Now that he had a fur coat, the cold winds hardly bothered him. Midna however, was laying on his back, her face buried in the fur on the back of his neck. She was gripping his fur tightly, and shivering.

Ashei had gone. That worried Link slightly but he was sure she could handle herself for the time being.

Link walked over to the freezing body of water. Broken ice was all over it, pieces big enough for him. The smell led across it, so Link began hopping across.

The wind was howling and snow was pelting Link's face. He continued through, gritting his teeth.

The smell led to a small cliff side, it was small and narrow. Link was mindful of his footing here.

"Link..." Midna chattered through her teeth. "I'm c-cold. P-please hurry."

Link tried to say "I am. Hold on." But he couldn't. So he whimpered.

Up ahead, Link could see a cliff with a single tree on it. Next to it was a big hulking mass. The monster.

Link sat back on his haunches and whimpered to Midna.

"Hylian f-form?" She asked. He nodded.

A second later, Link was pulling out the Master Sword and approaching the hunched over beast.

Link was about to poke it when the monster turned around and bellowed, "UH! WOAH-OH!"

Link jumped, falling back into the snow. The monster didn't look very much like a scary monster. He was very fluffy and white. He wore a brown hat and was carrying a reekfish in his big, meaty hands. He was triple Link's size.

"I HEARD RUCKUS, AND UH! JUST A HUMAN!"

"I-yes! I'm Hylian, actually."

"Link. I d-doubt he understands that." Midna whispered/chattered in his ear.

"I SEE HUMANS NOT OFTEN, UH? WHY HUMANS COME TO SNOWS?"

"He thinks I'm human?" Midna whispered.

"You said it yourself." Link muttered. Then, louder, "We came to find you! Fix evil!"

"YOU ON SPIRITUAL JOURNEY?"

"Yes! I'm looking to end evil!"

The monster bursted out laughing. "YOU LOOK FOR LONG TIME!"

"Makes more sense than spiritual journey!"

"....THAT WAS A JOKE. YETIS JOKE TOO, UH."

"Yetis?" Midna asked.

"WHAT YOU LOOKING FOR? TELL TRUTH!"

Link glanced at Midna. "Wouldn't hurt to tell him."

And so, Link launched into an explanation of what they were looking for: a Mirror shard. When he finished, the Yeti gave him a strange look.

"...UH. YOU LOOK FOR MIRROR IN STRANGE PLACE." Then he bursted out laughing again. "WHY YOU NOT SAY SO BEFORE?"

"I'm sorry. I should've."

"YOU MAKE GOOD CLIMB. LUCKY TO MEET ME. I FOUND SHINY MIRROR PIECE."

Link looked at Midna, elated. "You-you did?!"

"SAME MIRROR, UH?"

"I don't know. Maybe?"

"Can we see it?" Midna asked eagerly.