•Chapter 5•

Hyrule was burning. You could hear people screaming and running from Zant's army all over.

Zant stood with a few men, thinking.

"She couldn't have escaped." He hissed. "There were guards at every door. There is no way..."

Then he froze. "The Triforce of Wisdom. It's strong enough to break through the magic of the Temple. DAMMIT. Midna helped probably."

He turned and looked at the Temple of Time in the distance.

~*~

Midna stood by her window, watching Hyrule fall to ruin. She was growing angrier and angrier. Plus, she was worried about Zelda. There wasn't a sign of her. She did say it would take up to five days though...but Midna was allowed to worry about her...friend.

Is that what Zelda was? A friend? Only a friend? Midna sighed and stared at the smoke rising in the sky. Zelda was beautiful. But so was Midna in her true form. Not this hideous imp form she was cursed with. Midna was so beautiful and powerful, she knew that Zelda would be lucky to love her.

She was pulled out of her reverie when she heard a door slam. "Midna?" Came a voice.

Midna floated over to the stairs. She peered down and saw Zelda.

"Zelda!" Midna cried with joy. She floated down, trying to contain her excitement. "You're alright! How were the temples? You can't have gotten more than one done." Midna floated up to Zelda's height and touched her shoulders.

"About that. I'm so sorry Midna. You've already done so much for me. But I have one more favor to ask of you."

"What is it?" Midna's heart beat faster.

Zelda ran back to the door and disappeared on the other side. Then, she walked back in and Midna's eyes widened at what she saw.

Zelda was carrying, rather dragging, the kid in. He was only wearing a white turtle neck and gray pants. His white shirt was stained with blood.

"This is Link. He needs your help. Zant wants to kill him, like me. He can't go much longer without help. I knew he'd be safe with you, Midna. Please, I beg of you, help me. He's the key to our survival."

Midna narrowed her eyes. "Bring him this way." She led Zelda up the stairs and gestured to her bed. "He should be good here."

Zelda laid him gently down on the bed. Link groaned.

"Zelda?" He whispered. Zelda shushed him.

"You are not fit to speak. You'll hide with Midna until you're ready and fit enough to handle yourself."

Zelda reached into her bag and pulled out a small bottle of wine. She uncorked it.

"What's that for?" Link asked numbly.

"Hold still." Was all Zelda said. She poured some of the wine on him, and he cried out.

"Farore dammit!"

"Stop moving!" She reached back into her bag and took out a needle and some thread. It would have to do for make shift stitches. She began to stitch him up as he winced and tried not to move.

"Those people owe you their lives." Zelda whispered. "You're the craziest of Zant's minions. Or the bravest."

"I'm not a minion now, remember? And why is it that when we always meet, one of us is getting hurt?"

Zelda cut the thread. "You know, you're lucky. That arrow almost pierced your heart."

Link took her hand and placed it on his heart. "You know, I'm not quite sure it didn't."