•Chapter 18•

The doors led to what Link knew to be a kitchen. It was filled with barrels and boxes and it had a cauldron over a fire. Yeto himself was standing over it.

"UH, YOU!"

"Hi?" Link said pathetically. He walked closer to see what he was making. A yellow soup. It had chunks of random foods in it. All sorts of vegetables and fish.

"WIFE LOOK BAD, UH? MIRROR MAKE HER UNHEALTHY. I MAKE SOUP FOR HER. FISH FROM ZORA VILLAGE ARE MOST NUTRITIOUS!"

"That explains the reekfish." Link whispered.

"TRY SOME!"

"Er...what?"

"GIVE YOU ENERGY!"

"No I think I'm good for now."

"TRY SOME!" Somehow he managed to be louder.

Link climbed on top of some boxes next to the cauldron, as he was too short to reach the top.

Yeto spooned some into a ladle that was bigger than Link's head. Then he held it out to Link. Awkwardly, the hero bent over, slurping up some soup. "Tastes like fish." He said.

Midna was laughing. "You look so cute and teeny being fed from that ladle! Ha! Priceless!"

"YOU HAVE SOME." Yeto gestured at Midna.

"Oh, no, beast man. I don't like soup."

"SHE RUDE!"

"Yes I'm sorry for my friend." Link said as he shot her a glare. "She's just in a bad mood."

"FEMALE TROUBLES?"

"Er, sure. I don't know what that means but let's go with that."

"Link, you're an idiot."

"Thanks Midna. Shut up and try the soup."

Reluctantly, Midna went and tried the soup. "Delicious!" She had a fake smile on her face.

"TAKE MORE WHEN WANT. GOT LOTS."

"We will definitely take you up on that offer. For now, my companion and her female troubles and I are going to go get the key for your wife. See ya!"

~•~

As they walked through the house, Link noticed how much of it was in ruins, letting the snowy storm in. Link noticed Midna kept clinging to him every time there was snow. She didn't like cold.

It didn't take them long at all to reach the key. In fact, they were standing in the room outside of it.

Link was heading for it when a icicle shot out of the ground, causing Link to stumble backwards, slipping and falling on the ice.

The icicle turned out to be what Link thought was an ice warrior made out of, well, ice. It was thin and it carried a lance made out of ice.

It dashed at Link, not even slipping on the ice. It slammed its lance, tip first, into the ground, right where Link would've been if he hadn't rolled away. Link struggled to stand but pulled out his sword when he did. "Midna! Get the key!"

Midna nodded and dashed into the adjoining room.

The ice warrior tried to run after her, but Link lunged at him, slashing his sword across the frozen leg.

The thing looked down at Link, slashing with his lance. It cut through the back of Link's tunic, but he was wearing chain mail so he wasn't hurt. He lunged up, cutting off the head and letting the whole thing fall.