Ch 3. The Obvious

I sit peacefully humming while pampering Susu with my utmost attention. She's lying haphazardly on my lap obviously enjoying the little scratches he's been craving for. This little punk has always been my company ever since I moved out. He's always been so clingy that sometimes I look at him as a kid. He'll be following me, walking right under my legs with every step I make.

It's my rest day and I chose to stay at home to recuperate from all the stress I've gathered from work. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do but sometimes, there's this dense feeling of getting tired of everything. As much as possible, I love to keep up my optimism. I don't know, some days, loneliness pays a visit and suddenly, my sunny skies turns into rainy days. In times like this, I get stuck in the abyss and I still can't figure out what to do. I stay alone at home while getting into a run down of everything that has happened in my life.

Today is one of those days. It feels so bleak. I don't feel like talking to anyone.

I was lost in my thoughts when a familiar face flashed in my memory. I don't know how is it possible to have that glitch in my mind when a thought of her comes. The slightest smile tugged my lips.

Gathering every motivation left in my system, I got up and decided to go out. Scanning my closet, I went for a short black top paired with a denim jacket. I did a once over and once satisfied, I grabbed my keys to head out.

The jaunt to the shop was messing up my head filling me with scenarios that are somehow little to no possibility that's gonna happen but it did kept my mind occupied.

Upon entering the place, I instantly spotted the girl I came here for. She was busy with something in the counter. This time, she's wearing a white button up, sleeves are folded up to her elbows.  Right before she saw me, I ran out of the restaurant and went back straight to my car.

What the hell am I doing?

Why the hell did I even decide to drive down here with the intention to catch a glimpse of her?

I'm so flustered, I can feel the heat rushing in my face. I blinked few times in attempt to clear my thoughts. I nearly jumped out in my seat when i heard someone knocking on my window.

"Fuck!" I cursed myself while on the verge of having a panic attack.

Taking a deep breath before lowering the window, "hey." I breathed.

"You okay? I saw you rushing out." Worried look is evident on her face whilst she stared right through me.

"Oh, you saw me. I...uh... yeah... I'm fine." I mumbled awkwardly.

"Sure? Doesn't seem like it. Wanna go grab something to eat? I'm about to go on break." And hell broke loose.

What the hell just happened? Did she just invited me for a lunch? Hold up!

"What?" At this point, my eyes are squinting trying to keep up with the conversation.

"Yeah right, you're really not okay. Wait right here and I'll be back." Just like that and she's gone.

Now on panic, I hastily grabbed my phone.

"Shelly! Oh god. I don't know what's happening!" I mumbled whilst my jaw clenched.

"Wait, wind up.  Take a breath. Where are you?"

"I'm at Love, Nana's parking. Fuck! She asked me to go with her for lunch!"

"Wait I'm not following. Asked you? Who?"

"Kim!"