Rescue

Apollo's POV

"Wrong!" Zazu exclaims landing in front of Simba. Great, he found us. "The only checking out you will do will be to check out of here" he states.

"Aw man!" Simba and I complain.

"We're way beyond the boundary of the Pride Lands" Zazu says nervously.

"Look! Banana Beak is scared" Simba teases.

"It's Mister Banana Beak to you, fuzzy. And right now, we are all in very real danger" Zazu states.

"Of what?" I ask him.

"It's just a graveyard of dead elephants" Nikki says confused.

"Yeah, what could be so dangerous here?" I ask.

"Hah, danger!" Simba says as he heads for the skull. "I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger" he declares then laughs dramatically. Suddenly three other laughs join in startling us. Simba's expression turns to horror. He races away from the skull and hides behind Nala, Nikki, Zazu and I. As three hyena's appear, one female and two males. Zazu stands of us.

"Well, well, well, Banzai. What have we got here?" the female asks one of the males.

"Hmm. I don't know, Shenzi" he answers. "Uh, what do you think, Ed?" he asks the other male. Who laughs wildly. "Just what I was think a group of trespassers!" Banzai snaps.

"And quite by accident, let me assure you. A simple navigational error" Zazu states as we back away from the hyenas. Zazu tries to follow Simba and Nala, but Shenzi steps on his tail, halting him. I glare at her.

"Whoa, whoa. Wait, wait, wait. I know you. You're Mufasa's little stooge" she states.

"I, madam, am the king's majordomo" Zazu declares proudly. As Ed and Banzai circle the others & I.

"Stay close Nikki" I tell her and she nods her head.

"And that would make you...?" Banzai asks looking at us.

"The future king" Simba declares. Shenzi joins the others to circle us.

"Do you know what we do to kings who step out of their kingdom?" she asks us.

"Puh! You can't do anything to me" Simba states.

"Though I dear you to try" I snarl.

"His father's strength flickering inside" Shenzi says looking at me. As Zazu tells Simba they technically can kill us as we are on their land. I silently bare my teeth. I maybe a cub, but no one is hurting my brother or our friends today.

"But, Zazu, you told me they're nothing but slobbering, mangy, stupid poachers" Simba says lowly.

"Ix-nay on the upid-stay" Zazu tells him.

"Who are you callin' "upid-stay"?!" Banzai demands glaring at Zazu.

"My, my, my. Oh, look at the sun! It's time to go!" Zazu declares and we go to leave. But Shenzi blocks our way.

"What's the hurry? We'd love you to stick around for dinner" she declares. More like, be dinner I think.

"Yeah, we could have whatever's "lion" around!" Banzai laughs.

"Wait, wait, wait! I got one!" Shenzi says happily. While they are distracted with their stupid lion puns. We sneak away. "Make mine a "cub" sandwich. Whatcha think?" she asks with a laugh. Once we were out of sight, we took off running.

"We gotta get back to the pride lands" I tell the others.

"Agreed" Nikki states.

"First we gotta lose those hyenas" Nala reminds us. We continue to run. We soon pause to catch our breath. "Did we lose them?" she asks.