Teenage Lives

Apollo's POV

I am now a little over a year old and I am now a teenager. In a little under two years I will be ready to challenge Scar for my rightful place as king of the Pride Lands. We lost Tyra a couple months ago. But Dot and her sister Zumi have continued to stay with Nikki & I. We have moved to a new bigger den.

Nikki was very sad for a long time after her mother's death. But she as returned to her usual self, honestly it's annoying. "Hurry up Nikki!" I call as she lays on a log that leads to the dead.

"We hunted yesterday, we should be enjoying our day off" she tells me.

"We can't just goof off, we need to train" I state giving her a firm look. She rolls her eyes swishing her tail.

"You used to be more fun when we were cubs" she states.

"We didn't have to fight for survival when we were cubs" I retort. "Now get up and lets go train" I tell her. She sighs and gets up. She hops off the log and follows me to a clearing.

Third Persons POV

"Those two fight like an old married couple" Zumi chuckles.

"They sure do" Dot agrees as they watch the pair leave. "I bet they'll be mate by the time we go help Apollo reclaim the pride lands" she states.

"You're on" Zumi states. They go to watch the sparing practice. As Mufasa watches from above with a grim smile. His youngest son is not the same. He needs to learn the importance of fun and friendship again. But how to do it?

"The cub" Ahadi says.

"What?" Mufasa asks.

"Mheetu, with the birth of Zira's son and the other four cubs. He has become a threat, we should see to it that he is sent here to safety. He will remind Apollo of who he is" Ahadi explains.

"An intriguing idea father, looks like we must find Aang" Mufasa states and they left Apollo's pride. In search of Aang. Meanwhile things seem to be getting worse at pride rock. With now six cubs to feed, along with nearly a dozen lions and not to mention the hundred odd hyenas. The pride has had to hunt nearly three times a week to get enough food for themselves & the growing cubs.

This wouldn't be a problem. If it weren't for the fact Scar and his hyenas hunted daily. Even though they didn't have too. They just did it for fun. Nala and Mheetu are on a morning walk with their mother through the once beautiful pride lands.

 Nala and Mheetu are on a morning walk with their mother through the once beautiful pride lands

"I don't like this mum" Nala states. "See he's at it again" she says as the watch Scar and his hyenas. As they hunt a herd of impala. Mheetu backs into mum scared.

"It's ok Mheetu" she assures him and licks his forehead. "We must go tell Sarabi" she states and they head for pride rock. Once there Sarafina tells Sarabi about Scar hunting again. As she lays beside her with Mheetu. As Nala begins to pace back and forth. Soon Zazu appears.

"Zazu, where have you been?" Nala asks.

"I'm sorry, Nala. I came as soon as I could" he states as the hyenas call. Guess they caught the impala Nala thinks to herself.

"The morning report, Zazu" Sarabi says.

"Your Majesty, the Pride Lands are in imminent danger. The hyenas are chasing off the last of the herds" he reports. Suddenly two hyenas appear and chase him off. Nala resumes her pacing.

"We have to do something, Sarabi. We have to fight" she states.

"Nala, Scar is king" Sarabi reminds her.

"But you are our queen" Nala states. "We should leave before it's too late" she adds worrying about Mheetu. As Scar and his hunting party return. He carries the carcass of the impala to the over hang of pride rock. He lays down and begins to eat.

"We must all stay together and protect the Pride Lands. This is our home. We must never abandon it" Sarabi tells her.

"She is right Nala" Sarafina agrees.

"This isn't the home I remember" Nala tells them.

"Our time will come, Nala. Be patient" Sarabi tells her. Just then Shenzi walks over and says Scar wished to see Sarabi.

"Don't go" Nala begs.

"I'm not afraid of him" Sarabi states getting to her feet. She heads over to Scar. While Nala goes to lay in front of Mheetu, who rests his paws on her back looking at the scene curious.

"Won't you join me, Sarabi? There's plenty to go around" he tells her. As the hyenas gather behind her.

"You and Zira are over hunting Scar" Sarabi tells him.

"We've simply perfected the kill...with the help of my army" he states.

"You're killing everything" Sarabi states.

"Don't you see? There is nobody to challenge me. We can finally take whatever we want" Scar tells her.

"We?" she asks him.

"Long ago, you chose Mufasa over me. But now, there is a new king, so stop being so selfish" he tells her.

"You are the selfish one" she states.

"The other lionesses look to you. As long as you resist, they will reject me. Take your place by my side, and we will feast together" he tells her.

"I will never be your queen" she tells him.

"Then from now on" he says getting up licking the blood from his lips. "Your pride will eat after the hyenas. And they don't leave much behind" he tells her. The hyenas charge past Sarabi toward the carcass. Sarabi watches in trepidation, slowly backing away, as the hyenas begin to feast on the carcass. "See how long little Mheetu will survive now" he whispers in her ear before slicking off.

"Mum" Mheetu says scared clinging to Nala.

"It'll be ok" Nala assures him.

"We'll all be ok" Sarafina adds. Not knowing that Zira had a plan to get rid of little Mheetu. But Mufasa and Ahadi had a plan to save him. They had found Aang and sent him to the pride lands to retrieve his son. With orders they he drop him off at Apollo's pride. They can only pray he isn't to late to save Mheetu.

A/N

Picture above of Apollo's pride now and picture in chapter of Nala with her family.