Birth of Mheetu

Nala's POV

"I'm worried Sarabi, what if it's a male and Scar hurts him?" I hear mum ask. I'm eavesdropping on them. While they think I am asleep.

"We won't let anything happen to your future cub" Sarabi assures her. "Besides, Zira is in heat now and should be pregnant with Scar's heir by the time your cub is born. If she is, you're cub will be safe until that one's birth. Whether it be a male or female" she states.

"Thank you Sarabi" mum says.

"I'm going to be a big sister?" I ask.

"You are supposed to be sleeping" mum scolds me gently and licks my forehead fondly. "But yes, you will be in about two months" she states.

"I'll be the best big sister either" I tell them nuzzling mum's belly gently. "I'll protect my baby brother or sister" I state.

"You'll need to mind him or her while we go hunting" Sarabi tells me.

"I can do that" I state. "Have you thought of names mum?" I ask her. She shakes her head.

"Well I look forward to the new member" Tama states. She a young adult lioness that recently joined our pride. She prefers the way we hunt over Zira and her friends. She watches me a lot, teaching me to fight. How to survive, when the others are off hunting.

Third Persons POV

Lazy-eye left the den to go tell Zira about what she had just heard. If Sarafina has a stronger cub then Zira. Scar may choose it to be his heir, if it's male. "Zira!" she calls running over to her. Where she is getting groomed by Scar as the other girls laze in the morning sun.

"What is it Lazy-eye? Can't you see I am busy?" Zira asks me annoyed. Before going back to grooming Scar's mane.

"But it's important, I just overheard the other lionesses talking" Lazy-eye states.

"About what?" Beauty-spot asks curious.

"Sarafina, the one with the little cub. She's pregnant" Lazy-eye answers.

"What?!" Zira and Scar demand. Scar gets to his feet growling.

"I must investigate this" he sneers and sets off for the den.

"Tell me everything you heard" Zira orders Lazy-eye and she does so.

"This isn't good, if she has a strong male cub. It could ruin our plans" Beauty-spot states.

"If it proves a threat, we'll get rid of it" Zira snarls. "For now, we be patient. Pretend to be fine with the future addition. Besides if things have gone as planned, Sarafina won't be the only one with a cub in the future" she states.

(Pride rock) Nala's POV

"Honestly I don't know which I'd rather have, I guess I'd be fine either way as long as they are healthy" Tama states. "What about you Nala?" she asks me.

"I'm to young to think about that" I state. "I'd rather focus on my future baby brother or sister" I add. Snuggling into mum happily.

"So it's true?" a voice asks. We gasp and look up to see Scar entering the den. Sarabi gets up to block his path to Sarafina.

"It's true, Sarafina is pregnant. She had gone into heat before Mufasa died and meet up with Nala's father" she states. Scar does not look happy.

"Please don't hurt my baby brother or sister?" I plead.

"The dry season has started, I trust you know what will happen if your cub isn't strong enough to survive" he tells me.

"My cub will be strong enough to survive, we will make sure of it" mum assures him.

"See that you do" he states flicking his tail. "But know this, if any rogue lion is caught on the pride lands again. He'll be killed on sight" he tells us before leaving.

(Time skip)

"Oh he's gorgeous Sarafina" Tama gushes. As my new little brother sleeps after his first feed. We're all gathered in the enclave. Well al of us who support Queen Sarabi.

"He will be a strong lion" Sarabi adds.

"He looks like dad" I state proudly.

"He sure does" mum says fondly.

"Does the little bundle have a name?" Dwala asks.

"Mheetu" mum and I answer.

"A suitable name" Diku states.

"Especially with the way Zira will feel about him being a male" Naanda adds.

"Well Zira and her lionesses are pregnant also. We have not had this many cubs since we were young" mum states.

"It'll be hard to raise them all, but it's been done before" Sarabi states. "We just all have to stick together" she adds. "Especially you Tama, or did you think I wouldn't notice?" she asks.

"I've only seen him twice, besides there is no guarantee I'm pregnant" Tama defends herself.

"Never the less, you should be more careful" Diku tells her. Tama nods her head. Scar appears.

"Well?" he asks.

"My son Mheetu" mum says her head low to the ground.

"He is strong" Scar says looking at my baby brother. He hums to himself and leaves.

Third Persons POV

"Did you hear that?" Ikhala asks the others.

"He thinks the new cub is strong" Lazy-eye states.

"Calm my friends" Beauty-spot says. "Zira will have a stronger male cub and that will be the end of it. She'll be the new queen" she states.

"And if Sarabi and her lionesses step out of lion. It's their cubs that will suffer" Zira sneers. They all chuckle and left to go hunt.

A/N

Picture above of newborn Mheetu with his mother and sister.