Lions Over All

Third Persons POV

"Do you remember the plan?" Scar asks Zira. As they watch Apollo exit pride rock and stretch. Mufasa had already left with Zazu for the morning patrol.

"Of course, I take Apollo on a walk. Try to get him to see things from our perspective. While you and the hyenas deal with Mufasa & Simba. If Apollo refuses to see things our way, we'll get rid of him next" Zira states.

"Good" Scar says.

"I'll be queen right?" she asks him.

"Of course my dear Zira" Scar lies. "Then you'll give me an heir" he states. She smiles proudly standing tall. "Now go" he tells her and she left. "Immature lioness, she can't see I am only using her to take over. Like we are the hyenas" he says smugly to himself. Before putting on a fake smile and goes to wake Simba.

Apollo's POV

It's been a couple days since my brother, the girls and I were nearly killed by hyenas. Mum and dad said we're not allowed to go anywhere without an adult now. Due to us being grounded. Except no one else is awake yet and dad had already left for patrol. Guess I'll have to wait until someone else wakes up.

"Hello little prince" a voice says. I turn to see Zira, she is a young lioness. Who seems to have a crush on my uncle. He had saved her when she was my age before I was born. It won't belong until she is old enough to have a cub. Nikki says she thinks Zira is praying Scar will give her one. It'd be nice to have a cousin and no longer be the youngest. But Scar doesn't seem to like her the way dad likes mum.

"Hi Zira" I say.

"Want to go for a walk?" she asks with a king smile.

"Yes" I say jumping at the chance to get out of Pride Rock. She beacons me to follow her and I do so.

"I heard about the hyena attack" she tells me.

"Oh" I say.

"It's Mufasa's fault it happened, he is to soft" she states.

"Dad isn't soft" I tell her.

"He is, otherwise he would of killed those hyena who tried to kill you and the other three cubs" she tells me. "If he was a true king, we lions would rule the land" she states.

"What do you mean?" I ask her curious.

"There is no greater power than to rule over the land
We both have it inside us
It's here where we stand
My friend you know it's true
Look close and you will find
Ruling every animal is destiny for our kind

So if we join together
We will never fall
Lions must rule forever
Lions over all

Lions over all
No animal is more grand
Lions over all
It's why we rule the land

We crush any resistance
So enemies keep their distance
Lions, lions over all" Zira sings.

"If we do what you suggest
We'd be evil and cruel
Using force and threat
That is no way to rule" I sing.

"But if we're joined together
We will never fall
Yes, lions must rule forever
Lions over all

Lions over all
No animal is more grand" Zira sings.

"Stay noble and grand" I sing.

"Lions over all
It's why we rule the land" she sings.

"We must protect the land" I sing.

"We crush any resistance" she sings.

"Friendship and kindness" I sing.

"So enemies keep their distance" she sings.

"Will always find us" I sing.

"Lions, lions over all" Zira finishes.

"You and my dad have different ideas about how to lead the pride lands. Besides Simba is the next king" I state.