38 - Whispers

Mirabelle Morrison

Everything felt warm. Soft one one side, hard on another side. As I slowly stirred from my sleep, I became aware of the comforting warmth surrounding me. It took a moment for my mind to register the unfamiliar surroundings, and then it all came flooding back to me-I had changed my bed location at around three in the morning.

I blinked my eyes open, adjusting to the soft morning light that filtered through the curtains. Terrence, lying beside me, his strong and gentle presence radiating warmth. The scent of his cologne lingered in the air, adding to the sense of familiarity.

I shifted slightly, feeling the softness of the sheets against my skin and the firmness of Terrence's embrace. His arm was draped protectively around me, holding me close to his chest. The steady rise and fall of his breathing against my cheek was a soothing rhythm that calmed my racing thoughts.

A contented smile curved my lips as I took in the sight of his peaceful face, relaxed in sleep. Gently, I lifted my hand and traced my fingers along the lines of his jaw, revelling in the sensation of his stubble against my skin. The feeling of his stubble reminded me of the two times he had his face in between my legs.

"Ten more minutes," My eyes widened in surprise as Terrence's voice, laced with drowsiness, reached my ears. I hadn't realized he was awake.

"Ten more minutes?" I repeated, a mixture of amusement and curiosity in my voice.

Terrence's lips curved into a lazy smile as he opened his eyes, meeting my gaze. "Yeah," he murmured, his voice husky. "Just ten more minutes of cuddling."

I nestled closer to him, savouring the warmth of his body against mine. "I could use some more cuddling," I confessed, my voice soft and filled with affection. His arm tightened around me, pulling me even closer to him. "But I have to get ready for work."

His smile faltered slightly as the reality of the day's obligations sank in. He sighed softly and reluctantly loosened his grip on me.

"I know," he murmured, his voice tinged with disappointment.

I shifted in his embrace, my fingers lightly tracing circles on his chest. "I wish we could stay like this all day," I whispered, my voice laced with longing.

Terrence leaned in to press a gentle kiss against my forehead. "Me too," he replied, his voice filled with a mixture of yearning and resignation.

Reluctantly, I untangled myself from his arms and sat up, the cool air of the room embracing my skin. Terrence watched me with a fond expression as I stretched, a sleepy smile still lingering on my face.

As I stood up, I felt his gaze on me, his eyes tracing the contours of my body. "Wait," he said, his voice husky and filled with desire. "Let me take a mental picture of you like this, just for a moment."

A playful grin danced on my lips as I struck a mock pose, teasingly holding my small bag that contained my shower essentials. "Are you sure you'll be able to concentrate at work after seeing this mental picture?"

Terrence chuckled, the sound sending a jolt of warmth through me. "You seem to forget I can see you whenever I want, I'm the boss." He replied, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

I laughed, the sound bubbling out of me effortlessly. Terrence had a way of turning any situation into a playful exchange, and his words filled me with a mix of delight and anticipation.

"Well, Mr. Boss, I hope you enjoy the mental picture then," I teased, giving him a playful wink. "But remember, I'll be expecting some compensation for distracting you at work."

Terrence feigned a shocked expression, placing a hand over his heart dramatically. "Compensation? I'll see what I can do to make it up to you. Come back with me tonight."