10 - It's A Date

Mirabelle Morrison

"Why is Mr Grumpy not... grumpy?" George was confused at the sudden change in behaviour from Terrence since we got back from the business meeting.

I was still coming down from the high of being able to seal a business deal and proving my worth to Terrence that I was more than a decoration.

"People change, I guess." I shrugged.

"Did you guys make out in his car?" With a gasp escaping my lips, I turned to look at George, who was wiggling his eyebrows.

"You're unbelievable," I shake my head at him before returning my attention to the tray of food in my hand. "Such a thing can ever happen, George. How many times must I tell you?"

He scoffed. "Oh please," he dropped his tray on the table before him and dragged out a chair to sit on. "Mr Grumpy has changed since you got here."

"How so?" As I sat down too, I chuckled in anticipation of what wild thinking he was going to let out this time.

"Remember the first day, the tension when you guys met was unbelievable," he started, then popped a fry into his mouth. "He has also been coming to work almost every day, which is very weird -"

"Maybe he has more work to do,"

"You can't fool me, princess." He waved a hand in his face. "Then the other day when you called him out in his car, and he let you go scot-free?" He placed a hand on his chest, feigning shock. "If any other person had done that, it would have been a different case. But you, you went scot-free."

"Like I said, you guys are overthinking it." I knew that they were not overthinking it because it was not a normal setting for an employee to call out his or her boss and go scot-free. However, I was not about to let them know that I had a history with their almighty grumpy boss.

"Princess, if everyone else wants to act dumb, I can't." He shook his head, then gave me a teasing look. "You guys have fucked, haven't you?"

I threw a fry at him to which he dodged expertly. "Language, George!" He burst out laughing at the same time David made his way to our table, sitting down on the extra seat beside me.

"George never ceases to be the vulgar man that he is," David smiled at me as I shook my head.

"Hi,"

"I heard you sealed a deal," Hearing of my accomplishment again, I couldn't help the smile that forced its way onto my face.

"That too," George teasingly muttered against the drumstick he was eating.

"It's not a big business deal per se but I'm really glad Te... Mr. Toussaint let me handle it." I was still smiling but now it was because I remembered how Terrence was watching me during the meeting.

I should not read any meaning to it but with George feeding delusional scenes into my head, how could I not?

"We should celebrate," David announced. "It's not exactly a common occurrence for a personal assistant to seal a business deal."

I quickly waved at him, trying to dismiss the offer. "Oh, I don't think so."

I was going to celebrate but probably not the way David was thinking. I was just going to order pizza, pop open a bottle of wine and watch a movie with Emily on shared screens.

"Oh, we definitely should celebrate, princess." George agreed, setting down the bone from the drumstick he was eating and grabbing a tissue off the table.

"I didn't mean that kind of celebration," David let out a small laugh as he looked at George. I turned to also look at George whose lips had now formed into an 'o'.