Chapter 16

Abhishek: Abhi to Vaishnavi ka wait kar rahi thi. Now, she is here and you are hiding from her.

Reem looked at Abhishek with a pout. She pointed towards Vaishnavi's hand.

Vaishnavi: Baby this is henna.

She said taking her hands near Reem. Reem hid her face in Abhishek's shoulder again.

Abhishek: Look here Reem. See...

He held Vaishnavi's hand and patted her hand.

Abhishek: Kuch nahin hain. Kuch hain?

Reem pouted, shooking her head. Abhishek held her hand and placed it on Vaishnavi's hand.

Vaishnavi: Kuch nahin hain... see...

Once, her fear left her. She giggled, patting her hand. Vaishnavi took Reem in her arms. Reem giggles, happily

Abhishek: Finally she is happy. Since you left, she was sad.

Vaishnavi: Baby missed me?

Reem pouted.

Abhishek: Dinner kare?

Vaishnavi nodded. They went and sat in the dining and had dinner with normal chit-chat.

After dinner, Abhishek made Reem sleep. They were in the living area, sitting on the sofa.

Vaishnavi: Abhishek umm...

She seems nervous. Abhishek saw her.

Abhishek: Is everything alright?

Vaishnavi nodded.

Vaishnavi: Your mother and that aunty don't like Reem at all?

Abhishek: No...

Vaishnavi: Why? I mean if you can tell me.

Abhishek: They don't like girls. Pata hain Reem... I mean my wife. Uske birth time par me and Siddharth her elder brother and my best friend. We were 5 years old. Reem ko uske parents orphanage me chorke aane ka soch rahe the. Because she was a girl. Siddharth ne zid ki. Like since the start we are treated like jo bolo hum manenge whereas, daughters ko dekhna bhi pasand nahin karte. Reem ko rahene diya apne sath because Sid ki zid thi. Be very honest, Reem ko kabhi vo pyaar nahin dete the. I have seen how they used to treat her like she was a burden. Reem ko modelling karni thi. Reem was not at all simple. She was a perfect example of a tomboy, bold, sassy, and all-time fun-loving. Their parents were expecting her to be shy, and silent. Sid always used to support Reem. Because of him only she got a chance to complete her studies. In his absence, they used to treat her like she is a criminal. I have seen her starving to death for food. But in all this, always she used to have a wide smile for Siddharth. Jab bhi usse pucho don't you get hurt with all this. Always she used to reply she is living this life for Siddharth. Who is fighting with his own parents for her. So, I should be happy for bhai rather than sad for someone who doesn't even consider her anything. Once, she turned 18. Her parents wanted her to get married. At that time I and Reem were dating. We were serious about each other. So, I fought with my family. I mean we were sure Reem ki shaadi honi hi hain the way her parents were looking for a groom. I told my parents I want to get married. They were fine with my decision but not with the decision that I want to marry Reem. At last, we got married. Mom was not at all fine with Reem. So, I and Reem shifted here. Soon, Sid fell in love with one of his colleague Avneet. Their parents don't like her as well as she is independent. Sid again fought with his parents. You know bete ke liye vo log maan hi jate the but kabhi respect nahin dete the which Reem and Avneet deserved. Sid bhi opposite building me shift hua shaadi ke baad. Everything was perfect. Reem ki pregnancy. You know because Reem was pregnant, Mom used to shower all her love on her. I used to feel like mom is happy with them but then jab choti Reemi ka birth hua. Again mom started hating them. After marriage, Reem ki mom didn't even care for Reem. But phir accident me Reem ki death ho gayi. I was left with her. Sid was in depression for a long time. Abhi to Sid and Avni went to Germany for the deal. As they are away for us. Our parents took this advantage and were successful in taking my Reemi away from me. Sid hota to mil kar lad lete but main akela tha. Bahut man tha Sid ko call kar sab batau but dar tha. Abhi to depression se bahar aaya hain. I am so thankful to you ke tum Reem ko vapas le aayi. Thank you so much.

He poured out all his pain in front of her. Tears roll down his cheeks. Vaishnavi too had tears in her eyes. She looked at Abhishek and then at Reem. Reem was peacefully sleeping in his arms.

To be continued....