Chapter 21

Abhishek dialled his mother. She received the call.

Rehana: Abhishek kaha ho tum? Bahu na phone utha rahi hain na darwaza khol rahi hain.

Abhishek: Vo... vo ghar par nahin hain.

Rehana: Aese kaise? Door to lock nahin kiya hua hain?

Abhishek: Haan vo single lock kiya hain. Lock nahin lagaya.

Rehana: Ye kaisi careless hain? Itna samajh nahin aata usko ache se lock karke nikalna chaye.

Abhishek: Maa... Door properly locked hain. Aap tension na lo.

Rehana (confused): Ek minute... Tujhe kaise pata? Mera Matlab Vaise to phone karta hi nahin hain tu. Aaj ek dum time par phone kiya hain. Kaise?

Abhishek: Vo Vaishnavi mere sath bahar aayi hain. I mean hum dono grocery shopping ke liye aaye hain.

Rehana: Theek hain. Baat kara meri bahu se.

Abhishek: Vo washroom gayi hain. Uska phone mere pass hain. Main billing line me hoon. 15-20mins me karata hoon.

Rehana: Acha theek hain. Humne socha Saturday hain. Tu jaldi aa gaya hoga. Hum sath time spend karege. Par chal koi nahin hum ghar jate hain. Tu aur bahu khush ho isse zyada kya chaye.

She smiled.

Abhishek: Bye maa...

With this, he hung up the call and sighed. He dialled Vaishnavi. She received his call in one ring.

Vaishnavi (nervous): Kya hua? Is everything okay?

Abhishek: Hmm... I lied to her. They left but don't open the door. I will call you once I will reach the floor and check it properly if they left or not.

Vaishnavi: Hmm... okay.

They hung up the call. Vaishnavi sighed in relief.

Reem: Papapapapapa...

Vaishnavi: Haan aa rahe gain papa.

She took her in her arms and hug her tight.

Vaishnavi: Main meri Reemi ko kahin jane hi nahin dugi. I am here to protect you.

Reem (giggle): Tahtahtahtah...

Vaishnavi smiled with teary eyes. Looking at Abhishek's parents at door, a feeling of fear took birth in her mind. Fear of losing Reemi.

Within a few minutes, Vaishnavi's phone rang. She saw it was Abhishek's call. He asked her to open the door. She did.

Reem (excited): Papappaa...

She opened her arms asking him to pick her up. He did and she giggle.

Abhishek (holding Vaishnavi's hand): You okay?

He asked as he notice her tensed face.

Vaishnavi (hug in with fear in mind): Bahut dar lag raha tha. Vo to I heard their voice. Varna I was about to open the door thinking it's you. Agar main open kar deti to...

She sob.

Abhishek (wrapping his arm around her): Shh!! Tumhe idea bhi nahin tha but right moment par action proper liya na. Reemi humare sath hain. Don't worry. Hum dono mil kar Reem pass hain na. We will protect her.

Vaishnavi: Haan we will. I promise I will take care of her more than myself.

Abhishek: I don't have any doubt about your words.

Vaishnavi smiled.

Abhishek: By the way, someone asked me to bring a henna cone.

He said diverting the topic. Vaishnavi broke the hug and nodded.

Abhishek: Then let's apply. Come...

They went and sat on the sofa. Abhishek made Reem sit on his lap. Vaishnavi sat beside them.

Abhishek (taking henna cone): Chalo lagaye?

Reem saw the cone and got excited. She did not understand anything but still got excited.

Vaishnavi (forwarding her hand): What you are gonna make?

Abhishek: Mujhe nahin aata.

Vaishnavi (frown): Abhi to bola lagane ka.

Abhishek (rolling his eyes): Maine aese hi bola.

Vaishnavi smacks her forehead. Reem chuckled.

Abhishek (holding her hand): Reemi likh data hoon. Okay?

Vaishnavi nodded. Reem clapped in excitement listening to her name. He craves Reem's name of Vaishnavi's hand with henna. Looking at Henna, Reem finally understood this is design (her favourite game). She giggle and tried to touch her hand.

Abhishek (holding her little hands): No... aese nahin. Sukh jaye phir.

Reem (angrily): Dhhhhdddddhhhhhhh...

Vaishnavi (blowing her henna): Aese karo. Jaldi sukh jayegi phir reemi khel sakti hain.

Reem bent towards Vaishnavi's hand, blowing. Abhishek and Vaishnavi chuckled.

Reem (holding Vaishnavi's other hand): Papapapa...

Vaishnavi (acting strict): Aese kaise ek hath par nahin lagayi? Chalo lagao abhi.

Reem (angrily, pointing at Vaishnavi's hand): Eee.....

Abhishek: Haan meri maa lagata hoon. Phir se Reemi likhu?

Reem (shooking her head): Papapapa...

Abhishek: Huh!! Fine...

Abhishek (dramatically): Ma'am your hand, please.

Vaishnavi giggles forwarding her hand. Reem chuckled.

Abhishek: Dono ko masti chaye.

Vaishnavi: Haan to? Tum kaun se kam ho?

He wrote his name on her other hand. Vaishnavi and Reem were blowing air on Vaishnavi's hands. Trying to dry henna soon.

Reem (blowing Vaishnavi's hand): Papa...

She spoke papa the first time correctly. Abhishek and Vaishnavi looked at her with shock.

To be continued...