Chapter 27

After dinner. They went for ice cream.

Abhishek: You both sit here. I will bring ice cream.

Vaishnavi: Okay.

Reem (opening her arms): Papa...

Abhishek: Papa aa rahe hain. Wait!!

Reem (pout): Papa

Abhishek (chuckled): Which flavour?

Vaishnavi: Any will work.

Abhishek nodded and left.

Vaishnavi: Reemi...

Reem (happily): Maa...

Vaishnavi: Chachu, chachi ke sath masti ki?

Reem nodded with a giggle.

Vaishnavi: Haw!!

Reem (copying Vaishnavi): Haw!

Just then Abhishek came with a waiter who has ice cream on his tray. The waiter placed it on the table and left. Reem giggles looking at the ice cream.

Abhishek (teasing smile): Ye sirf meri and Vaishnavi ki hain. Reemi timi choti bachi hain. So, no ice creams.

Reem looked at Vaishnavi with a pout.

Vaishnavi: Tum na chup raho. Meri Reemi ko ice cream nahin doge to tumhe bhi nahin milegi.

Reem giggles, clapping.

Abhishek (fake sad face): Mere sath aese karoge?

Reem nodded with giggles. Vaishnavi made her eat a bite. Reem of course liked it. They were having ice cream and enjoying themselves.

Abhishek applied ice cream to Vaishnavi's nose. Reem laughed loudly.

Vaishvani (fake crying): Papa mere sath aese kar rahe hain. Reemi is happy.

Reem dipped her fingers in the cup. She leaned towards Abhishek, applying it on his face. She chuckles. She was so happy. Abhishek pout. Reem giggles, applying ice cream to his lips.

Vaishnavi (fake anger): Abhi no more masti. Eat your ice cream silently.

Abhishek (saluting): Aye Aye captain.

Reem chuckle. With some more fun, they finished their ice cream and left for home. On the way, Reem slept in Vaishnavi's arms. Abhishek and Vaishnavi were silent the whole ride.

They reached home. Vaishnavi took Reem to Abhishek's room. She laid her on the bed.

Vaishnavi: Main Reemi ki dress change kar deti hoon.

Abhishek (nodded): Fresh ho kar aaya.

He took his clothes and went to the washroom. Vaishnavi changed Reem's dress and cleaned her with a wet cloth. She laid Reem properly and patted her chest for a few minutes, lovingly staring at her.

Abhishek came out of the washroom to get a glimpse of this moment. He smiled and looked at Reem's (his wife's) photo. He went towards his cupboard and took out a diary. Listening to noises, Vaishnavi turned to see Abhishek. He went towards her.

Abhishek (forwarding diary): Umm... Ye Reem ki diary hain. She used to write it when she was pregnant. It's her diary of course. I am not asking you to read it fully. Just one page. "11th Feb". There are many answers to the questions which you have in mind. I too got answers to my questions from this book. Read it for once.

Vaishnavi took it and nodded.

Vaishnavi: Good night.

Abhishek: Good night.

She went into her room and got fresh. She sat on the floor and took the diary. She opened it.

Dear Diary,

Today is my 21st birthday. Also, soon I will be a mom. Today is the most special day of my life. First time... Like the very first time in my life. I felt the love of a mother. Always, I have bhai with me to shower the love of a brother and father too. Sometimes, I so wish to have Elder sister who can love me like a mother. Anyway, Today, Abhishek's mom came here for my birthday. She spent the whole day with me. We cut the cake, whole day she pampered me with all my favourite dishes. We went shopping. Maa choosing dresses for me, Abhi and baby.

I felt so blessed to have a mother around me. I wish I could have gotten all this before also but never mind. I have it now. I promise my baby. I and your papa will shower all the love on you. Promise Bache, I will make sure that you will have all the love of a mother and father. I will never let you feel incomplete.

Your Reemi...

Reading it, Vaishnavi closed the diary and lay on the floor. Her mind was occupied by Reem's feelings which she pen down in a diary. She is familiar with these feelings. She too craves for mother, father and family's love.

To be continued...