15. Adventure begins

Hope was nearly falling asleep when she heard Josie's whimpers and quiet crying that immediately woke her up, thinking something was wrong with her. She noticed Josie was still asleep and shifting around in her bed probably having a nightmare and decided to get out of her own bed and sneak in hers, lightly shaking her shoulder to wake her up from her nightmare.

"Jo..Josie..wake up.."

"Mhm..the bear...in our tent.."

"Josie it's just a dream. There is no bear. You're safe."

"Ugh..what a stupid dream..wait, why are you in my bed?"

"Because I wanted to make sure you were alright. Plus if the bear was really here I would throw myself at it first."

"No, you wouldn't. You'd make one of the boys the bait for sure."

Hope laughed quietly and tried to meet Josie's eyes in the darkness, she was smiling too. At least she managed to distract her from the nightmare.

"Hope do you mind staying with me for a while?"

"I'll stay if you want me to. Scare those bears away if I need to again."

"Thanks... I like having you here."

"I like being here too."

Josie scooted a bit closer to Hope's body, enjoying the extra warmth it provided and the other girl decided to embrace her into her arms, getting cozy herself.

"Honestly I'll miss seeing your little face before falling asleep for the next two days. I bet your sister will be happy."

"I don't really care what Lizzie thinks. I wish we could sleep like this every night."

Both girls closed their eyes and remained quiet for the remaining time, not long after they both fell asleep feeling each other's heartbeat.

---

The next day one of their roommates woke them up, as it was nearly time to go and everyone was packing up for the hike.

"Come on sleepyheads, we don't have all day!!"

"Shit, is it time already?" A sleepy Hope stretched her arms and slowly got out of Josie's bed.

"Ugh, I really don't want to go to this thing. Can we stay here and sleep all day?"

"Josie Saltzman. I am going to kick your ass personally if you don't come on the hike."

"Damn it, fine I'm getting my ass up and dressed. Keep your rude manners at bay."

"Look who's talking. You kicked me twice in your sleep Josie."

Josie looked back at Hope with her mouth hanging in shock.

"No, I did not."

"Yes you did. But I forgive you, now let's go before the bus leaves without us."

"Yes captain." Josie teased and Hope rolled her eyes with a smile while picking up both of their bags and soon they joined everyone on the bus.

It was a good two hour drive to the mountain where their adventure began, everyone started walking in small groups, tracing their path so they could find their way back and somewhere after half an hour they had to cross a large river. They carefully stepped over rocks that were quite slippery and dangerous and when Josie was about to cross, Hope offered her hand who was a bit further ahead.

"If we fall, we fall together." The auburn joked with a smile but Josie was rather annoyed of getting her shoes wet and having to rely on someone else to her across.