35. The getaway suprise

The next morning when the sun was barely out and most of the campers were sleeping soundly, Hope put her plan in place and sneaked into the office stealing one of the car keys that were kept inside a locker and placed it in the back pocket of her jeans. "That should do.." Then she headed to the kitchen were the staff were preparing breakfast for later on and requested some pancakes which she took back to her tent to suprise none other than Josie for her birthday.

"Time to wake up, little bird.."

"Ugh, five more minutes Hope.."

"It's your birthday, you're sleeping in on your birthday. Uh-oh not allowed."

"Birthday can wait."

"Pancakes can't. Unless you want me to eat them instead of you."

"You're brutal. Give those here, now!"

Josie finally made an effort to get out of her slumber and took the plate that Hope was offering with a little smile.

"What'd you have to do to get those? We don't normally have pancakes for breakfast here."

"Maybe a couple of shifts in the kitchen, nothing major really. Plus it was worth your reaction. Happy birthday, by the way."

"You didn't have to do that for me, and yet it's only fair if we eat them together so dig in!"

Josie offered a bite to Hope who happily took it and then melted into one of her sweet smiles.

"That's only a small fraction of what I have planned for your birthday. I needed you out of bed early because we are going away today."

"You mean like going away from camp? On a trip or something?"

"Yeah, pumpkin. Suprise suprise. So get your ass up and ready for me. Just make sure you stay quiet about this."

"Ohh, um..this is really happening I guess. We are going away!"

Josie finished her pancakes happily and then decided what to wear for the day, making sure she felt confident and cute in her outfit, since today it was all about her. Then she did her hair while Hope was finishing her last touches of her make up in the mirror. Once they were finished Hope grabbed a bag she had prepared with the necessities for them and threw it over her shoulder.

"All good to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be. Where are we going by the way? Oh, and how?"

"You will find out soon, do you trust me?"

"This is definitely a trick question."

Hope gently held Josie's hand and walked outside and towards the boy's tent, trying to quietly call them out which took quite a bit of time as they were not awake yet. Once they were finally up and ready to go the four of them walked towards the main gate trying to hide behind the vehicles while Hope tried the keys to find which car they belonged to. Luckily, in her second attempt she managed to open the door which meant they had found their ticket out of there and hopped inside except Landon who tried to quietly open the gate without alarming the guard who was sleeping inside the watch house.

"When you said we are going away you didn't mention anything about stealing--" Josie said slightly concerned.

"You tell me. We'll probably be in deep trouble when we come back here thanks to her brilliant ideas.." Rafael complained.

He then turned the engine on and once everyone was settled he sped up the jeep making a run for it as the guard had just awaken and taken notice of the noise the car engine made. Hope rolled her window down, tapping a hand over the jeep and shouting provocatively at the guard who was left speechless without knowing what to do. "Goodbye, suckers!"