Sorry

Nailah Amrani

I looked at him with my eyes wide. He looked calm and didn't seem to be bothered by the fact I didn't have my keys.

In fact, he looked happy, "McDonald's?"

I gave him a 'Are you for real face.'
"I don't know but you don't seem to want to sit by this door and wait for Kale to come back."

Kale?

I laughed at what he called Khalee, "Khalee it's Khalee."

He shrugged heading back to the elevator. I followed him realising he was right. I sighed shuffling my feet.

"Do you want to come?"

I looked up confused. "What are you talking about?

"Do you want to come with me, cause you look like you don't." His jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed.

I shook my head quickly, not wanting him to think that. "I do!" I say walking into the elevator with him.

He hummed pressing the ground floor button. "So what's your favourite part from Top Boy?"

------!!!!!!!!------------!!!!!!!!!!-------------Time Skip

We sat in the McDonald's as I munched on my burger and chips. He just sat there staring at me and taking occasional bites of my food after I offered.

I realised how out of place he looked he looked so different to the signature colours of red and yellow.

"And that's why Jaqs my favourite  and I think Curtis is actually cute, he really cared for Lauryn he was just a little coo coo."

I say. He just nods and checks the time, then he picks out something from his back pocket. It was a key with a fluffy pink pom-pom and gold 3D crown on it.

"My keys!" I say dropping my burger with my motu open. "Close your mouth baby wouldn't want to put it good use so soon."

I blushed at his crudeness but still managed to put on a frown. "You took my keys!"

"Yep."

"Why would you ever do that, you donut. I thought I'd actually lost my keys!" I say reaching for the keys.

He pulled it back. I went to reach for it again but he pulled it back. "Give it stupid!"

I say now annoyed. But as soon as I say it my eyes turn wide and I realise my mistake.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I say my heart pounding in my ears.

He places the keys next to my hands and stands up dusting down his jeans. "I think it's time to get you home." he says pulling up his trousers.

I shake my head immediately, I didn't want to go home, not with him being mad at me.
"No, no, wait I'm sorry Gabriel."

He walks out after picking up my bag for me, leaving me to run out behind him grabbing all of food. I notice him get into the car waiting for me.

I start overthinking as I enter the car.

You're the stupid one.

We pull up in-front of my apartment and he gets out opens my door then goes to the front of the car leaning on his hood. I get out by myself.

I stand in front of him owing him an apology and thank you for all the things he bought me.

"Thank you for the things and the meals, and I'm really really sorry for calling you stupid." I say stuttering.

I look at my feet avoiding his gaze. He opens his arms bringing me into his warm chest. 'You're alright Nailah, I was never mad at you, just surprised.' he spoke into my hair.