Beethoven

Saint Tai Banks

POV

Naih grabs my face looking into my ears with her sad dark brown eyes. She hugs my head into her chest and I hold unto her. Never wishing for it to end. 

Flashback...............

I wake up and I feel groggy, the expensive sofa beneath me feels like a cloud and there's the feeling of something stuck in my arm. I look down looking at the needle in my arm and pull it out.

What happened?

I look around confused. 

Where's Papa?

Most of all....

Where's Heaven.

I look up clutching my arm where the needle was and notice my dad sitting on the opposite couch with a bottle of vodka in his hand. 'Sonnnnnnn, you're awakeeeee, how'd you like that?' he says smiling at me with his meth teeth.

'What did you do?' I say feeling tears cloud in my eyes. My nine year old mind couldn't comprehend what he'd done to me.

'-What was that?' I ask stumbling.

Everything feels woozy.

'I gave you a little some of this,' he says holding up a packet of white stuff.

'What the fuck is it?' I grit looking for my sister frantically.

'Heroin.' he says bluntly.

We learnt about that in school.

Drugs.

'Where's Heaven.'

He chuckles darkly taking a large swig of him vodka and stumbles out  leaving me in the dark room.

I run up the stairs up to her bedroom hoping to find her safe and sound. Unharmed. I hear the sound of faint crying and thumping.

She's only five. As I get closer to the pink painted door my heart drops. There's sounds of moaning and muffled crying.

I hear a loud sound, then the crying gets louder.

No.

No.

No.

I run towards the door looking at the chipped paint and pushed the door open.

My sister is lying on her bed crying her beautiful green eyes out. There's a man. Large and bulky. He has a scar running across his face standing over her with his pants unbuckled. I don't know what, but I know it's hurting my sister.

She cries my name and I go to help her, but there's a hand on my shoulder holding me back. I thrash and cry but the person don't let go. 'Look, take a long hard look. Your sister is finally showing you what she really is.'

I cry loudly, not able to look into her eyes. The large man looks at me deviously while smirking his grip from my sister never going loose. My sister cries and cries until she can cry no longer.

'She's showing you how she likes to be used. She's a slut.'

I turn back looking at the person holding me back.

Father.

'I hate you,' I sob falling to my knees.

'I hate you!' I shout.

'I'll show you what hate is.' he grits pulling out a gun from his side pointing it at my sister.

'No,no,no please!' I say clutching his arm trying to get him to lower the gun. But I'm too late.