Win Your Love

Nailah Amrani 

I sigh splashing some water on my face before looking at the time. His words run through my mind like a pedestal but I try to take my mind of it.

I have a date tonight.

I turn on my playlist through my speakers and City Girls by Young Thug and Chris Brown starts. I pat my bonnet anxiously humming along to the music.

I grab my foundation and apply a light layer. Soon enough I'm singing the lyrics out loud. 'Khalee💖🌆👧 wants to FaceTime'

Khalee is at Theos tonight so said she'd call to help me.

I answer the call and replay the song, she sets the phone on a dresser and starts humming along to the song, I notice she's wearing a plane white shirt, definitely Theos.

I give her a look and she gives me a coy smile, we start singing the lyrics and Khalee starts shaking her arse, its very fat. 'Girlll, nooo' she says as I hold up some grey joggers and Tupac shirt.

'He said to be comfortable,' I say shrugging, I didn't want to see, it.

'Caresha please she says, we both know he's seen all of it.' she says motioning to my body, I blush placing the clothes back in my closet.

'OH MY FUCK, so he has seen all of it?!' she says picking up the phone and lying on the deep wine red silk sheets. I shrug.

'Not all of it,' I mumble scratching my bonnet.

'So what did he do?' she says her eyes touching the camera.

'H-he did somet-thing, w-with his f-fingers.' I say hiding my face behind her closet doors pretending to be searching for something.

'HE FINGERED YOU!?' she screams, I hear a voice on the side.

'Fucking knew it now give my $20,000.'

I blush coming up to the screen, 'He's there?!' I whisper, she nods giving me a sorry look,

'Get the fuck out.' she says pushing Theo towards a door, 'Fuck you,' he says as the door closes.

'You wish' she says settling down, 'There's a deep red dress in my closet that I bought it reaches down to your ankles try it on' I wander into her bedroom in contrast to my light pink, gold and white room

I walk into her closet and find the exact dress, I pull it out of its black protective bag staring at it,'Oh gosh Khalee this is beautiful, I cant wear this, no you can keep it,' I say.

'NO,no its ok really, I don't want it.-' she says something else but I don't hear. I pillow comes flying at her head, 'What I told you about that shit, Marie?'

Khalee avoid his eyes and turns to me, 'I gotta go but enjoy your date!' she says sending me kisses through the screen, I send her one back and wave bye.

--------------------------------

I finish doing my edges and slip on the dress. 

Don't want to break it with your fat self.

I admire my self in the mirror at how the dress fits like a glove, I ignore the little comments being made up at the back of my head and slip on the YSL heels Papa bought.

I grab the small black Chanel purse and stuff it with credentials.

I grab my phone as it dings.

Gabe💌

I'm outside love, but take your time.

I smile at the text and rush out of the apartment, I press the elevator and wait impatiently tapping my heels against the floor. I get into the elevator and look at myself in the mirror, reminding myself of the thing Papa always told me, and childhood memories.

Trying to keep my mind off two things, Max and Gabriel, I honestly just wanted to forget what Max had said so everything would go back to normal, and I wanted to keep my mind off Gabriel so the butterflies in my stomach wouldn't become too much.

You could tell Gabriel was a no-nonsense type of person, he looks very strict and ....hot from afar and I don't think much changes when you get closer apart from the fact that he becomes caring, and you see him from a different point of view.

The elevator comes to a stop and I walk out hastily taking note of the handsome man standing against the black Bentley, he must have been waiting for long.

I try walking faster repeatedly tripping over my own feet, poop. He places his phone into his pocket giving me a soft smile, he walks into the lobby,holding my hand, I smell the soft smell of weed, gasoline, cologne and coconut.

It smelt comforting, amazing. It smelt like Gabriel. He bends down and places a kiss unto my cheek, 'You look beautiful, love.' I smile blushing.

He chuckles, placing his hands on the small of my back and leading us out of the lobby, hand in hand, I feel a small vibration in my bag but I ignore it, nothing can ruin this night for me.

Nothing.