Reason Though

Saint Tai Banks

Everyone settles down and we sit in silence till my father breaks it. 'So Tai, you excited to be taking up my name in about three months?'

I stare at the desert being passed out by the maids and look up at him, 'I don't know I kinda like having my mum's last name-'

'Fuck you.' he says taking a bite of the desert ending the convo. 

'Saint, you ever thought about children, marriage?' says Dillia.

I  blink furiously and I see Naih looking in her lap, I grab her hand and shake my head. 'I don't want kids, and I don't think marriage means anything, it's just a piece of metal.' I say eating the cake.

'Oh.' I hear Naih whisper.

'Oh is that why you proposed to me?' says Angelina staring into my eyes, I avert my eyes looking at Naih pick at her food, and take the fork from her hands feeding her a piece.

'That was five years ago, Angelina.'

'So it meant nothing?'

'That was five years ago, Angelina.' I say kissing the back of Naihs hand loving the smell of coconut and shea butter on her smooth skin. I stare at her watching the sunlight bounce off her skin, she looked ethereal.

She fidgets with the ring on my finger with her initials engraved on them, Angelina stares at her. 'So, Nailah, what do you, as in jobs.'

Naih looks up looking uncomfortable, 'She works full time as my girlfriend' I say. Jada side eyes me and Jenny laughs, Aria rolls her eyes, 'You never know when she might decided to come work for me,' says Aria winking at Naih, Naih smiles. 

I mug Aria, 'Fuck off.'

'I-um I'm in uni right now almost done, I'm opening a designer line and going into modelling, if I can.'

'Oh, so have you already started the brand?' says Angelina grazing her feet with mine, I ball up my face.

'Yes, you're actually wearing a piece,' says Naih pointing to her trench coat on the back of her chair.

'Oh.'

'So Tai, told me you have a few quince pieces?' says Jada getting excited.

'Yes, I do there's this deep wine red and gold one and another deep emerald and gold one I think you'd love it.' she says smiling.

'Well my quince is next year august but I want to find the dress now so I'll fly into New York soon and maybe we'll try them on!' Jada says and they exchange numbers. 

'Oh yes, I'm having a little cookout three weeks away from her quince, you guys should come,' says Aunt Deshane.

'Ofcourse!'

'Where'll it be?' I ask.

'Jamaica.' I nod mentally noting that. 

'Nailah, where are you from?' asks Jenny

'Spain,Morocco, Italy and Congo.'

'Really? Do you speak spanish?' asks Angelina

'Um no my mother's not really present in my life.'

'Why-'

'I don't think you any right to ask her such a personal question' says Amara, picking up Amaia. 'I'm going to put her down' she says walking out. The table sits in silence for a while before my father leaves and everyone starts to leave. Naih leaves with Aria and them to help clean up leaving me at the table with his bald headed hoe.

I look around seeing some weed and backwoods lying on one of the table, I roll a blunt and wander into the greenhouse. I sit down on a wooden bench smoking my blunt thinking about how beautiful my girl is and how I need new shoes.

'Saint?' says an ugly voice.

Fuck me on a bed of roses.

Nailah Amrani

Helping clean up, where?

'That bitch your ex for a reason though' Me,Aria,Jada and Bryelle sing since the older ladies left the kitchen, Bryelle is on the kitchen island shaking her ass and me and Jada are hyping her up throwing some hundreds that I found I Gabe's dresser at her.

'I'm the type to go through my niggas phone, what you know about that'

'is she on your mind'

'Cause tonight i'll end it'

'That bitch your ex for a reason though, reason though.' Jada exists the kitchen then comes back pausing the music right before JT. 'Naih, Angelina gone, so is Saint!'

'OHHH gurl, go get your man, that bitch sneaky' says Bryelle slapping my ass and pushing me out the kitchen. I wander into the hallway stopping a butler. 'Do you know where-' 

'The greenhouse.' he says before walking off.

Well ok damn.

I see a gun on a small table as I pass by and I realise that Gabriels, does he always leave his guns around, I pick it up and continue walking to the greenhouse. Angelina is standing next to Gabriel, who looks uncomfortable, I stand behind a pillar and listen to the convo. 

'Gabriel, giv-'

'If your names not Nailah or Sofia Banks then my names Saint.'

'Look Saint, please just give me another chance we still have chemistry.'

'Well is that chemistry playing hide and seek, cause I can't find it' he says laughing and smoking his blunt.

'Please, let's get married I'm ready now.'

'Angelina, that was five years ago.'

'Please baby, I-'

He stand up from the bench getting into her face. 'We done talked about this shit Angelina, I'm not your baby, get it in there.' he said pushing her forehead. He stand up straight moving away. 'I have a girlfriend, you're an ex for a reason' he says giving her a fake smile. 

Angelina goes to touch his cheek and I make my presence known. I'm sure I looked crazy holding a gun. 'Baby,' says Gabriel. Looking at the gun in my hand, Angelina takes a step away taking a look at Gabriel before making her way to the door I walk down the steps balling up my face watching her as she passes by. 

'Baby give me the gun' says Gabriel pulling my hands off the gun. 'My fault for leaving it out.' he says tucking it behind him in his pants. 

'Why does everyone call you Saint?' I say getting straight to the point. He wraps his hand around my waist sitting down and pulling me on his lap. 'Cause that's my name.' he shrugs.

'So your name's not Gabriel,' he shakes his head, 'It's a nickname because Gabriel is a Saint and an Angel.' Oh I say nodding my head. 'You ready to go?' he says.

'Wait, we not sleeping here?' 

'No, we're sleeping at my place and we'll be back here tomorrow.'

'I need to go get my bag and phone.'

'It's fine they'll meet us at the door with it.' he says standing up and fixing my skirt for me and giving me a dimpled smile.

'You're cute.' I say smiling.

'That hurts my ego.' he says pecking my lips and smiling at me.

-----------

Yall happy now?

You better cause this took a lot of motivation.

Opinion on Angelina?

Opinion on Deshane?

Opinion on Sofia and her ex-husbands relationship?

Opinion on Jada?

Luv_BIGDICKENERGYYY🤸🏾‍♀️