Missed Calls

Saint Tai Bank POV

I sit down in front of her pushing my hands into my pockets. She moves her silky blonde hair out of her face recovering from me scaring her.

"Baby-" She says placing her manicured nails in front of her.

"I told you to cut that shit." I say slouching in my seat and spreading my legs.

"Listen, Saint, I'm sorry, ok, I just wasn't ready for marriage but now I am." She says, her blue eyes that I used to love searching for mine.

I sit on and lean forward placing my fists on the table. "Save me the fucking sob story, Angela."

She flicks her hair overher shoulder placing her hands over mine.
"It's not a sob story, Saint I really mean it, I'm ready to be Mrs.St-Patrick. I'm ready to be your Angel again."

I look at her enthralled with her ability to lie for a moment, she reaches for my cheek and I slap it away sitting back in my chair and shoving my hands back into my pocket.

"I'm not a fucking dog Angela, you don't waltz out whenever the fuck you want, drag your ass back in and expect me to just sitting, waiting at your beck and call."

I stand up. "Lose my number." I say before exiting the cafe. I don't know what I was hoping for, maybe I was hoping she had an actual reason for running away, but she didn't even address the issue.

She just came back, hoping I'd still be in love with her. The fucking bitch.

I got back into my car and drove unto the road, with my other free hand I grab my phone and dial her number

I hold it to my ear and wait. I turn into a different lane as she picks up.

"Gabe! Good morning!" She says, practically smiling through the phone.

"Good morning Naih, how are you feeling?" I say smiling,

"I'm feeling great, much better" She says shuffling about. She'd started coughing yesterday and I'd learnt that she was extremely sensitive and got sick often.

"I'm coming by would you like me to buy anything?" I say fiddling with my diamond stud earing.

"Uhmm, hold on." I hear shuffling then I hear her talking to someone. "Would you like something from the store?"

"No-" the voice gets cut of as Naih put me on mute. Soon she unmutes me again, "What the fuck was that." I think parking at a corner shop. I take a blunt from my compartment tucking it behind my ear.

"I'm sorry I just didn't think you wanted to hear all of that, no thank I wouldn't like anything." She says, but I can hear the hesitation in her voice at the last phrase.

I nodded walking in. "See you soon." I grab some prawn cocktail flavours chips, blue and red Takis, Cheetos and ready salted chips before heading over to the drink section to get some high-C and arizona.

I head to the front to pay, "Some banana backwoods please." She places it with my items and says the price. "$23.69 cents." She says biting her nails and smiling at me.

I put a ten and a 20 dollar bill down as she packs up my things, I see her slip a piece of paper into it but think nothing of it.

I get into my car and I pulled out the piece of paper she slips in, my eyes scan over a phone number not bothering to read the rest before I toss it back into the bag.

I light my blunt entering my car. Windows down. Sparking my engine and I pull off again.

"Big Poppa" by Biggie started playing and I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel to the beat.