Ice

Continuation

Nailah Amrani 

POV

We walk into the restaurant and I marvel at the classiness, I felt very out of place, I notice how Gabriel simply walks past the check-in and leads us to an elevator that says 'AUTHORISED PERSONNEL ONLY' I press the button and no one says anything to him.'U-umm Gabe, I don't think we're supposed to use this elevator,' I say looking into his eyes, he smiles at me showcasing his dimples. 'It's alright, my love.'  He ushers me into the glass elevator and presses the button at the top. 

The roof. 

I stare outside and watch the bustling city below us. 'Wow.' I whisper. The elevator dings again and I turn back to Gabriel to find him already smiling at me, I blush letting my silky sew in curtain my eyes.He places a hand on my waist guiding me out, , 'Thank you,' I say blushing, he hums in acknowledgement. I notice there's only one set of tables up here, there is a sea of flower petals scattered around and a balcony that over the whole of the city. 

'Do you like it?' he asked looking unsure. I nod quickly not wanting him to think otherwise. He gives me a toothy smile and pulls out a chair for me, I sit down placing my purse on the ground next to me. Gabe picks it up handing it to a waiter standing nearby, 'Keep it safe,' he says sitting on his chair.

'How's school been going amoure?'

'U-m I well, fashions been going great! I created this new piece for the prom theme, It has like a corset at the top and then when it gets to the waist it flares into this big puffy dress, but my professor gave it an 7/10 because he said it looks like a quince dress.' I say, lightly aggravated at my professor. He smiles encouragingly at me. 

'Well, my love my sister is turning 15 next year and my family has started preparing for it, and it's been a mess, she can't seem to pick the right dress with the right colour, and the not finding the right colour means-' he pauses as the waitress sets two plates unto the table. He doesn't make any move to thank her so I do, 'Thank you,' she gives me a tired look and walks off. I shift uncomfortably. Gabriels pulls the thing covering my plate off, to reveal spaghetti bolognese. 

I love spaghetti bolognese.

'Thank you,' I squeal. Gabriel smiles at me, my ears tune in to the music in the background, 'Persian Rugs' PARTNEXTDOOR, I smile.

'Are you controlling the music?' I say shoving some food into my mouth, 'Yes,' he places his phone on the table opening spotify, 'What's your favourite song?'

I think for a while then come with an answer, ' 'Nobody But You' by Brent and travis and um 'Mutual Butterflies' by ryan tre and 'City Girls' Chris brown.' I nod at my selection. Mutual Butterflies started playing and I smiled, 'You didn't have to,' I say.

'As I was saying, not finding the right dress with the right colour means, my sister has fallen into 'depression' as she calls it because she can't find a dress, I'm sure she'd love your dress. ' he says using quotation marks for depression. 

I smile, and start searching for my purse with my phone to show him the picture, 'Baby?'

'U-i can I please have my phone please,' He calls a waiter over and grabs my phone out of my purse handing it to me. I fumble trying to open my gallery, I pull up a picture of the dress and bring it up to his face, 'That's beautiful my love, she'll love it, she loves wine red.' I smile widely knowing my 'quince' dress wasn't going to waste. My phone rings but I ignore it. 

'What about your Content Creating class, baby.' he says bringing a napkin to wipe sauce off the side of my lip, I blush.

'Oh-uh I'm failing that class,' Mutual butterflies finishes and Nobody But You starts playing.