Reason

Nailah Amrani

It's food time and I've got up to grab myself and Saint a plate, I haven't talked to him about Angelina but I think he knows something is up.  I stand by the white table that's been set up in Sofia's garden, which is huge. I grab the spoon and put a bunch of jalapenos onto my plate, along with some oxtail, rice and peas. 

i feel someone wrap their arms around me and push their hands up my shirt grabbing my boob. 'Gabriel, get your hands off my tit please.'

'No,'

'We are in public,' I say putting some kimchi and dumplings onto Gabriel's plate.

He moves his hand and wraps it around my shoulders. 'Yoo, my n words.' says East coming to dap Gabe up. 'How's Bryelle'

'Yeahh she's good.' I continue to plate up our food.

'NaiNaiii wsp jit I aint seen you since you was little,' he says pulling me into a hug.

'I roll my eyes, you saw me at the dinner,'

'Did I?' I notice his red eyes and roll my eyes. He eventually wanders off somewhere and we walked back to our seats with Khalee and Theo ready to eat.

'K, listen they ran out of plantain, your gonna have to eat without them ma'

'Alright I'm not eating then, '

'Khalea, I really don't give a fuck if you don't eat but you're carrying our kid now you gotta eat something.' 

Me and Gabe watch them like a TV show while we eat. Gabe pulls me on his lap and although I try to resist he grabs both of my hips not letting go.

I hear Theo and Khalee arguing in the background. 

'Saint let go off me, on my soul-'

'What wrong?' he says looking straight into my eyes.

'Nothing.'

'Then why are you acting like this?'

'Like what?'

'Like somethings wrong'

'Nothings wrong' I say turning around to stuff  some rice in my mouth.

'On my soul, you want me to die,'she says tearing up

'Khalee I never said that,'

'On my soul you did' says Khalee standing up and walking away Theo follows after her with the food and lights a cigarette.

I can't take her seriously when she keeps saying on my soul.

Gabe rubs up and down my bare stomach as I sip on my drink.

'Gabriel.' 

We look up and its Angelina. That's great isn't it.

'Saint, we've been over this.' he says not looking at her.

I look at the way she looks at him, that's how i look at him.

With so much love.

I look away picking at my food.

I could give so many reasons why Gabriel would leave me for her.

She's gorgeous, silky blonde hair and striking green greyish eyes. Her figure is so slim makes her look like a model unlike me. Her manicured hands classy french tips. She looked so fragile and warm.

'Can I sit with two?'

'No'

'I don't mind' 

Gabe looks at me. 'She's not sitting with us.' I sit up from my slouched position.