Eden

Nailah Fleur Amrani

I'm now staring at the smiling face of Angelina.

I swear this bitch is following us. 

'Hii, Nailah,' she says smiling at me but I catch the way her eyes flicker over to my man.

'Hi Angelina what are you doing here?' I say giving the bags that I'm holding to Gabe. 

'Shopping of course,' she say laughing, her smile looks so real it's almost convincing.

'I saw you from the shop I was in and wanted to come over and say hi,' she says pointing to a Charlotte Tilbury from across the shop we were at.

'Hi Saint,' she says tucking her hair behind her ear and waving, She begins to stare because he doesn't wave back. He knows where home is.

I move to the side blocking her vision of him and raise my brow. She looks away clearing her throat, her bright blue eyes land on the Louis Vuitton in his hand. It had two scarfs inside that I'd bought for him. 

'I see you're still obsessed with Louis,' she says smiling.

'I see you're still caking your face with make-up,' he snarls back, I lowkey want to laugh but I don't.She looks down smiling sarcastically.

'Actually, I took your advice, you said I looked good without make-up so I stopped wearing it, this is for my mum,' she gestures to the Charlotte Tilbury bag in her hand.

'You should come to Crutchem tomorrow-'

I speak stopping her little daydream.

'I'm sorry where, are you going with this?' 

'I was going to invite him to my mothers birthday party, I would invite you, but I'm not sure you'd fit in with my kind.'

'Your kind?' I say pulling a face.

'Yes, my kind, people who are sophisticated and can wipe their backside without their nails getting in the way.'

Did she just call me ratchet, in a polite way?

'I beg your pardon?'

------

We're back in the car and Saint is waffling about how I shouldn't have reacted like that. 

'A swelling eye is nothing compared to what I'll do next time she tries that shit with me,' I say turning away from him.  There's silence so I decide it's my turn to waffle.

'And I don't know you're telling me what I should and shouldn't have done, what you, didn't want me to mess up her pretty face. Like honestly Saint I don't get you, you tell me you only want me, but then you're defending that bitch,'

He runs his hand down his face. And drives with one hand.

'You know what Naih, I wasn't gonna go there with you, while we're on the topic of her, let's talk about yesterday.' he leans one hand on the console.

'What about yesterday?' I say turning my body to face him, and cocking my head back.

'Well I don't know mami, we could talk about how you left me worried for more than two hours or we could talk about how, you went through my shit and came up with your own bullshit conclusion instead of asking me, you know communicating like I always ask, but you don't seem to fucking know what that is.' He swears a lot but his voice stays calm.

'Fuck you Saint,'

He rolls his eyes looking out of the window,

'I wouldn't come up with my own conclusions if you just give me clarity, give me some fucking insight, but you don't seem to fucking know what that is.'

'One, stop fucking swearing at me and two what more insight do you need Naih, I've told you how I feel about you, I've made you my girlfriend-'

'That's not what I'm fucking talking about.' I say raising my voice.

'Don't raise your voice at me Naih,Lo juro por Dios' ( I swear to God)

'I'm talking about the fact that you don't tell me nothing, you don't give me warnings, then this random lady shows up in my apartment building, next thing you know she's at your family house next she's spamming your phone, I don't-' I lower my tone but my voice is still strained. I feel my phone ding but I pay no attention.

'She's my ex fiance Naih, we were going to get married before she left a day before the wedding. There is that what you wanted to hear Naih,' 

Why does he make it sound as if I'm being annoying. I turn to the window and hold in my tears.

'Shit'

What is he saying that for?

I feel him park the car on the side of the road before I hear silence. 

I turn around and see him passed out in his chair.