Xu's Public House

We were now in Xu's Public House and Gabriel was sitting at a different table that was directly in my line of vision.

When we arrived I got out first as Gabriel went to park his car, cause he didn't trust the valet with his Jeep, apparently.

Arriving at my table I sat down placing a bag in the seat next to me, reserving for Khalee.

Kira, Kireon and Brittany were the only ones sitting there at first but slowly people started to file in.

Me and Kireon were talking about what we were going to make for our fashion assignment.

Occasionally, I'd catch Gabriel's eye, or oogle at him while he was working with his really sketchy associates. He'd smile, I'd blush and we'd carry on with our night.

Max, walked in behind Khalee and sat in the seat next to me that was not reserved for Khalee.

"I am so sorry bae, Theo and I got caught up in something, then all that damn traffic. And you'd think because our ancestors built those roads we'd get by easy." She says sitting on the chair.

I smile at her, rolling my eyes and her dramatics. "That's unfair because it's not the white people from today's fault it's their ancestors."

"I'm starving when's the food coming?"

"Actually we haven't ordered, but now that everyone's here we can" said Kira, picking up the menu.

I followed her movement like everyone else. "What you getting?" said Khalee leaning towards me. "Probably Singapore rice noodles and beef sauce or fried rice and beef sauce."

"Okkk, that sounds good, let's get all of that." Aaid Khalee closing the menu and calling over the waiter.

Everyone ordered and it got to us. "I'll have the beef fried rice, beef sauce, ummm sushi and that's all." Khalle finished and I opened my mouth to talk.

"I'll have-"

"Shell have duck sauce and rice with some king prawns." Says Max.

I turn to look at him confused. "I know you don't like ordering so I did it for you."

"This hoe got me messed up nigga did she tell you she wanted that?" Said Khalee getting riled up.

Khalee never liked Max, I don't know why though. "She always used to get that when we went out." Says Max countering Khalee. He puts his arm around my shoulder letting it rest there.

"You should still ask anyway, it's curtesy you bitch." I widened my eyes.

"No, Khalee it's OK, it's fine."

"Exactly" said Max

"Ima pummel your face into this table watch out bitch." She says and falls into silence.

I looked at the arm and my shoulder and shrugged it off. It felt wrong. Like I was betraying someone in some way.

I peeked at Gabriel's table and noticed Theo had joined them. The people they were working with seemed increasingly uncomfortable and scared but they didn't seem to care.

They'd occasionally turn and talk to each other like they weren't there. Gabriel beckoned the waiter over after catching my eye, causing me to turn back in a hurry.

"What you looking at?" Says Khalee looking in the same direction, "ohh-ugh."

I smiled looking down at my plate. "Nailah, what's been up with you, we don't hang out much anymore." Says Max laying his arm on my shoulder again.

I shrugged, "I've just been hanging out with Khalee and Gabriel an focusing on school."

"Really? About this Gerome person, how did you meet him."