Prayers

Saint Tai Banks

 POV.

Ok today is THE day, we're going to save my birth father *insert eye roll* I really don't fuck with him but that's my dads brother so... Yes. My family is fucked up. My birth father was an alcoholic who did drugs and abused his son and killed his five year old daughter. 

Mama tried to gain custody for years, but the little shit had a lot of connections so she didn't gain custody till she married my dad, who then helped mama gain custody. 

And to think that on the same day he killed my sister I'm going to save him. 

Wow.

Me and Naih are in the car on the way to the warehouse where he's being kept.

After mama gained custody he spent all his money and fell into a whole lot of shit.

I blow the smoke out of my nose watching the smoke release into the air. Nailah is wearing a black long sleeved jumpsuit with a black bodywarmer, white nike socks and the black cats that I bought her.

I'm wearing black parachute pants with white air forces and a black under armour compression shirt.

I look at her head on my lap, her brown eyes already looking at me. 'Are you ok?'

I nod bending down to peck her lips, I pull back and smile at her trying to reassure her.

I don't need her to know that I'm shitting my pants.

I don't need her to know that I'm scared.

I feel my phone ringing in my pockets and Naih sits up allowing me to pick up the call. I pull her close to me by her waist kissing the crown of her head and grab our hands locking them together. 

'Yes mama?'

'You alright mi amour?'

'Yes-'

'I could give one fuck less about your dad's brother I can ask the driver to tell around bebe?'

'I-i'm alright mama.' I say telling the driver to stop and put out my blunt.

'I'll be back Naih.' I open the door leaning on the car.

'My love, I really don't mind'

'I don't want to see h-im mama, but I can do it.' I say looking up to the sky trying to hold in the tears of anger and frustration building up inside me.

'If you don't want to do it you don't have to Saint.'

'No-no I can-' I take a deep breath pacing up and down.

'I can do it mama, I'll have to face him one day. Might as well be now.'

'Alright my love, Que Dios esté contigo mi corazón.' (may god be with you my love.)

'Te quero mama.'

I end the call running my hands down my face. 

I hear a knock on the window. Fuck my eyes are probably red. 

I look into the car window seeing my Naihs face looking at me with wide eyes full of concern.

I open the door sitting down. She climbs unto my lap straddling me.

' I love you Gabriel.' she whispers. 

I smile at her.

'I love you more mi corazon'

'No, I-i love you like Kanye loves kanye.' I laugh at her joke, loving the way a smile etches unto her face. 

She places her head unto my chest and I rub her thighs soothing her into a light slumber, the car starts up again.

I lean my head back and close my eyes.

'Padre nuestro que estás en los cielos,' (Our father, who art in heaven)

-------------------------

I stand in front of the warehouse with five other men and Theo standing by my side.

I have half a mind to turn around right now.

'I'm here Gabriel.' says Theo throwing a gun at me. I catch it checking for amo and grabbing more guns shoving them into my pants. 

'I love you Gabe.' says Naih through my headset.

'I love you too mi amour.' I say before holding my gun up walking in. 

Theo kicks the metal sheets called 'doors' down and we gain entrance to the warehouse, except there's another door, with dna access, I shoot two armed men standing by the doors before taking their guns and draping them on my shoulder.

'He's so hot.' I hear Naih whisper in my headset.

'Thank you my love.' I say laughing. 

'I got access to the camer-' I hear a little gasp then nothing.

'What?' I say picking up one of the dead men's hand to use to scan.

'Hi, yeah Naihs gone to take a break, it's a little horrific in there so heads up.' I hear Katlens voice through my headset and Naihs talking shakily in the background. The metal doors open and and surprised. To say the least. 

The are about fifteen naked boys who look younger than 16 sitting in a crowd crying their eyes out and clutching unto each other. There are lube bottles and blood everywhere. I can count about 10 dead pregnant women lying on the floor with their stomachs split open and the corpse of the dead baby visible. I can count two other women with their stomach slit open who are bleeding to death.

There is a corpse of two young girls laying side my side, with blood oozing from in between their legs. Flashbacks of my sisters death start coming back to me and the stench of blood,drugs and sex offenders was overwhelming my senses.

'Call my mama.' I say into the headset.

'No Gab-'

'Call my mum.'

I say walking out dropping all my guns on the floor.

I step outside gulping in breaths of fresh air not polluted with blood, drugs and non-consented sex. My phone starts ringing and I eagerly pick it up.

'mi corazón'

I hear her voice and break down.

'Mama- I can't I can't go in there. It's a fucking shit show mama.' The tears fall down my face in streams. I sit down with my back against the warehouse facing away from the rest of the men who walked in to help out.

'My love, it's alright, I'm on my way. Don't wear yourself out with crying Gabriel.'

My breaths become shallow and quick, I feel like I can't breathe. 'M-ma-mama.'

'Gabriel where is your pump my love, your asthma pump.'

'I-' I feel my pockets desperately, while trying to stand up. I bring the pump to my mouth counting slowly, 1,2,3,..... I'm slowly able to breath normally again. 

'Ok I'm like 5 minutes away, stay on the phone-' 

'No Naih, she was crying-I- I need to go.' I say ending the call. I wipe my eyes, forcing myself to stop crying. I start walking towards the truck parked about a two minute walk from where I was. I open the black door met with Naih sitting on the floor of the truck surrounded by tissues and red eyes. 

She jumps into my arms once she sees me and my heart breaks, she holds unto me as if I'm going to die soon.

'Are you ok Gabe?' She asks through hiccups.

'I'm alright my love.'

She cups my face giving me a love filled kiss.