🔵 Chapter 24

Chapter 24-Who saves who now?

Rayleigh's POV

I looked at the enemies in front of me, I got scared just thinking about how my life is at stake here. When I see the green haired guy trying to stab Sky, who is next to me, she cries out in fear as the blade approaches her.

"Take care!" I warned.

I grabbed the collar of her clothes, pulling her down so the blade wouldn't hit her. The guy clicks his tongue in irritation and decides to point his blade at me. Thanks to my reflexes, I managed to dodge it in time. I think having been in the military before in my previous world paid off even though I was getting beaten up a lot.

Then another guy tries to attack us from behind, I quickly dodge the attack, dragging Sky along with me. I managed to get up and forcefully lift Sky so that she could get up.

"W-Who are you!? Why are you doing this!?" Sky screamed in a scared tone.

They didn't answer, just stared at us with bloodlust.

I felt shivers down my spine when I saw those eyes. I'm sure Sky is confused right now, unlike me, she doesn't know what the reason why this is happening.

I grabbed her arm, forcing her to run with me. "Wh-What are you doing!?" she screamed.

"It's no use talking to these psychopaths. No matter what we say, they will still kill us in the end." I told her. Didn't you see the bloodlust in her eyes? These are people who don't have

Not an ounce of conscience.

Sky just looked at me and went quiet. His eyes directed towards my arm. "Y-Your arm… it's bleeding…" she mumbled.

I looked down at my arm which was now oozing blood. The sword

It kind of hit me deep, but it's not enough for me to lose an arm, so I don't need to panic. I looked back and they are still chasing us. At this rate they might catch us. Suddenly, I stepped on a banana peel and slipped on the floor, hitting my face. My nose was so sore from that landing.

"C-Careful!" Sky yells at me.

She grabs my clothes, and I'm dragged hard from the left side. The sword hits the ground, just inches from my body. I looked at Sky holding me, it seems that she saved me from the blade that was pointed at me.

Cool, I guess this girl isn't so bad.

"Are you well?" she asks me.

I immediately got up off the floor and grabbed his arm, trying to get away. But when we turned to the left corner, we were greeted by a large wall. It's a dead end. I cursed under my breath as I saw the enemies approaching us with evil grins on their faces.

"We-we're trapped! What should we do?" Sky shuddered with fear.

I was silent, trying to think. I looked around the area, looking for an object we could use to distract them. I see a lamp nearby and a chandelier from above. An idea flashed through me. What if I throw the lightbulb towards the chandelier? This way, he will fall on them, causing them to be trapped under him. The chandelier isn't attached as tightly to the ceiling, so it will be as easy to cut that string as the object it's attached to. The chandelier isn't as glassy either, so it won't kill them.

One of them starts advancing towards us.

Okay, here goes...

"Haaaaaaaa!" someone suddenly appears out of nowhere, hitting one of their heads with a guitar.

The assailant screamed in pain.

White hair, silver eyes... We immediately recognized that the guy holding the guitar was Jadon.