🔵 Chapter 02

Chapter 2 - Going to School as Rayleigh

Rayleigh's Point of View (Adrien)

The butler tells me it's time for me to have breakfast. So I went downstairs, meeting the Rayleigh family. I almost shudder at the cold looks they were giving me.

I swallowed hard.

I carefully sat with them, trying my best not to do anything weird. I watched the family elegantly eat breakfast. Each and every one of them are intimidating, that anyone can melt under such pressure.

I try to calm down. I put on a cool expression, acting as if the atmosphere they were giving off didn't bother me.

"Rayleigh." a voice says from across the table.

I flinched at his words. I slowly looked him in the eyes.

"Yes?" I answered firmly.

"Have you managed to gain any extraordinary talent yet?" my dad looks at me with his sharp gaze. I try not to shiver as their cold gazes pierce me.

I bet he'll be disappointed if I say no. But what the hell can I do? Rayleigh was born that way.

Well, I can sing. But of course I can't tell them that. This family hates singers. I'll be digging my own grave if I tell them that.

"At least a bunch of high level skills maybe?" he asks again. My brothers also look at me with the same look.

Gahhhh! Stop this.

"No." I said categorically.

They all frowned.

Well, I'm sorry if I can't give you what you wanted. Don't ask for the impossible.

After finishing my breakfast, I immediately left to not feel that intense atmosphere anymore. If I stay there any longer, I might suffocate.

I could still feel my stomach growling, I couldn't eat enough because of how scary that family was. At this rate, I could starve until lunchtime.

As I walk through the halls, I smell something good.

"Looks like there's some delicious food nearby." I said as I sniffed through the halls.

That's when a maid appeared before my eyes, she is carrying sweet muffins and delicious cookies.

"Wait!" I chirped excitedly as I approached her.

"Those deserts can I get them!? Please?" I blurted out in desperation.

The maid flinched, looking at me in shock. It seems like she wasn't expecting me to actually talk to her. Oops, looks like that was pretty rude of me.

I swallowed hard and quickly wiped the happy expression on my face, then immediately turned it into a stoic expression like the original Rayleigh would.

I gave a fake cough and looked at her again.

"I want those deserts. Just three is enough." I told her as dull as I could be.

Honestly, three isn't enough. I'm still starving. But at least being able to eat a little more is good. I really want to get my hands on these deserts, I love sweets.

The maid looks at me confused. She looks at me like I'm doing something unbelievable.

Upon observing the maid's appearance, I realized that she is really cute. She has cherry blonde hair and beautiful green eyes. The more I watched, I realized who she was.

She is Marcelle Pegolia, the maid of this house. She is also the heroine's very close friend. Despite their age difference, they ended up becoming friends because of some unknown circumstances. In the novel, she was bringing Rayleigh's forgotten homework to the gym, which is when she first met the heroine. They hit it off on their first date and insisted on meeting outside the gym.