🔵 Chapter 28

Chapter 28- The Guy with Sapphire Eyes

Rayleigh's POV.

Last night, I didn't get a wink to sleep and today is the

day of our presentation. My groupmates are pretty nervous, but I know everyone can do it, so I'm not worried at all.

As I stood there in the crowd, looking bored, a hand suddenly touched my shoulder. It was really a firm grip. I looked back to see who it was.

"I'm so nervous. I could feel my legs shaking." Liam winced as he gripped my shoulder to steady himself and get to his feet.

I wonder who he's talking to, is he talking to me?

I looked at him with wide eyes. Wow, he's as pale as a white sheet. I could even see her lips turning purple. It's as if a very cold temperature invaded him. Just as I'm about to ask if he's okay, another hand touches my shoulder.

"I k-know well, me too. I think I'm going to be sick." Jadon stammered.

I look over at Jadon, and he looks a lot worse than Liam. His face is so green he looks like he's about to throw up.

"Hey, if you're going to puke, please point to someone else. I'm wearing my favorite clothes today." Bridgette tells Jadon. Bridgette may look calm, but I see the book she's reading from head down. She keeps turning the pages as if she's reading.

Jadon looks at her and wants to fight back, but he can't because his stomach is hurting with nervousness. And Sky over there, now it's a stuttering mess. Throwing in some words we don't understand. I read in the novel that they were nervous at that point in this event, but I didn't imagine they were that nervous.

And by the way....

'Why the hell are these two clingy all of a sudden!?' I thought as I looked at Jadon and Liam who were holding my shoulders, using me as support to get up.

They were so distant before, but now they're touching me so casually. Me, a noble. Seriously, what's with the sudden change? I suddenly felt thirsty. "I'm going to have a few drinks for a while, I won't be long." I said, gently pushing them both away from me.

I walked away from them, heading to the nearby cafeteria. The area is full of people. Luckily, the queue for drinks isn't that big. As I was about to join the queue, someone suddenly bumped into me. I could tell it was on purpose.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't see you there. Fleas like you are really hard to see." one guy laughed, looking at me mockingly.

Uhh what?

"What are you looking at? Do you want to fight?" his friend glares at me slyly.

"No…it's just, I don't know. This looks familiar…" I muttered unconsciously, placing a hand on my chin.

Suddenly bumping into me on purpose...

Saying bad things...

Asking for a fight....

Wait, this isn't one of those cliché anime and drama scenes that

I watch!? Usually the protagonists are the ones who experience them.

'Wait, I'm not the protagonist, I'm the antagonist in the novel, way to background character so why am I experiencing such a clichéd scene!?'

I thought, letting out an internal sigh.

"Hah? What the hell are you babbling? Are you making fun of us? You're nowhere in this academy so just leave. Once no talent, always no talent." the guy growled.