̷C̷̷h̷a̷̷p̷̷t̷̷e̷̷r̷ ̷5̷

Chapter 1

The Past

The 6 year old didn't understand. She was told to sit there, facing the ocean from underneath the cover of trees, cold rain hitting her head and arms despite the cover.

She sigh shakily.

She was told to sit there by her parents hours ago, the sun was setting.

"We'll come back soon, okay? Don't move."

"Me and Mommy just have to go pick up a surprise for you, okay? We promise."

Ha. What a lie.

So, here she was, sitting on a rock, freezing on the side of the road.

She scooted off the rock, landing on her feet, flinching at the shock in her ankles.

And so she did what any sensible person in the side of the road would do.

She started walking.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Hours later, and with a handful of oran berries, the little girl sat in the grass, quite a bit of distance from the road.

The rain had stopped, and the sun had set. Her clothes and hair were wet, the chocolate brown looking black, and she soon realized the situation she was in.

Tears rolled down her face, and she sobbed.

Nobody heard the sounds from the small child. Who would? She was in the middle of the woods.

So she sucked it up, tears still rolling down her tired face, and wiped an oran berry on her pink shirt, trying to clean it to the best of her ability.

She then took a bit out of it, trying not to pay attention to the rustling of leaves in the wind.

Or, maybe not the wind?

The girl turned around, picking up her berries and stuffing them in her pockets, cautiously, slowly backing away towards the road.

Out of the bushes near her, the source of the rustling leaves, came an injured Eevee.

Her eyes widened, and she froze as the pokémon stumbled into the clearing with her, barely being able to stand.

As it collapsed, it saw her, and it tended up, on high alert.

The little girl walked toward the Eevee, grasping her bitten into oran berry in her hand.

She got to the pokémon, and it narrowed its eyes at her, but made no move to get away, probably too tired to.

She crouched down, and whispered unsurely to the pokémon.

"Um.. I have these berries.. I mean, this one is half eaten but.."

She pulled out the rest of the berries in her pocket, offering one to the Eevee. It carefully sniffed it, as well as her hand, and soon took it in its mouth, eating it hesitantly.