̷C̷̷h̷a̷̷p̷̷t̷̷e̷̷r̷ ̷1̷̷5̷

Chapter 3

The End of the Beginnjng

Nyx needed money, and fast. They just wanted some quick cash. Maybe do some odd jobs, but instead?

They got offered one completely different than what they were expecting.

"Nice to meet you, Nyx. My name is Lusamine. I'm the Aether Foundation's President. You'll be working as one of my assistants."

The woman smiled, her long blond hair flowing behind her.

Nyx blushed, heat rushing up to their face.

"You're really pretty!-"

They blurted out, cursing at their 14 year old self. Lusamine laughs, smiling at them.

"Thank you." She says, patting Nyx on the head. Nyx blushes again, stumbling over their words. Lusamine watches in amusement.

"Shall we get started?"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Nyx left Aether 3 months ago, and they were now fifteen years old.

Finishing their Island Challenge on Melemele Island was easy, and they had been in the middle of their Grand Trial with Kahuna Hala when they noticed four pairs of eyes watching them.

Nyx ignored them, focusing on the battle, winning ultimately as they had Primarina use Moonblast once more, the super effective move hitting the Fighting Type pokémon Hala used.

They collected their Z-Crystal, and shook hands with Hala when one of the people watching them run up to the stage and started speaking quickly with excitement.

"Woah!! You were so cool, wow wow wow! My name is Hau, what's yours?"

Nyx looked down at the boy their age, his black hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and his deep brown eyes looked up at them with amazement.

"My name is Nyx.. Nice to meet you, Hau." They respond, and Hala laughs next to them.

"Hau, my boy, let them enjoy their win first. I was the last Grand Trial they needed."

Hau looks over to Hala, smiling widely. "They're done with theirs?!"

He asks, excitedly. Hala nods to his grandson, laughing.

"Yes, Hau. They are."

Nyx watches the exchange before stepping off the stage. Behind Hau is two others their age, and the Professor of the island, Professor Kukui.

"Well, I'd best be on my way."

"Wait a second, Nyx." Kukui says, and the teen groans, but stops walking.

"These two are starting their Island Challenge tomorrow. Would you mind showing them around to each trial spot?"

The Professor asks, and Nyx sighs, running a hand through their hair as he motions to Hau and the unnamed girl.

"What about that one?" They ask, pointing towards the girl in a hug sunhat.

She shakes her head. "Oh! No, I'm not a trainer. I'm the Professor's assistant."

She says, closing her eyes. Nyx nods. "Alrighty then. Sure, why not. I don't exactly want to go home."

Kukui smiles at Nyx as they let Leafeon out of his pokeball, the Grass Type climbing into his trainer's jacket hood, sitting there and nearly pulling them over with his weight behind them, Lillie, Hau and the other kid, Sun, laughing as they do.

"They seem like a good kid."