Chapter 9

"Hey is that Y/N?" 

"I heard that her boyfriend got suspended!" 

"The emo kid that punched Y/N's ex?" 

"Yeah!" 

"I heard he got expelled!" 

"What about Albedo?" 

"I think he's still here because he didn't 'participate in physical violence" 

"What?" 

"I know!" 

"That's just stupid!" 

"I think it's fair. Like Albedo got punched in the face!" 

The gossip and rumors followed you as you slowly walked toward the practice room. You had been feeling better, but the rumors did nothing to help the feeling of dread slowly consuming you. 

"Y/N." 

"What do you want Albedo?" Your voice was tired. Weary. 

"I would like to apologize." 

"And what? See me run back towards you accepting your apology and we start dating again so you can continue your experiment? No Albedo. We're not friends. We're not dating. I don't love you." 

"You sound like you're trying to convince yourself." 

"There you go again with the observations. I can't trust you anymore Albedo. I cherished our relationship, but maybe I was too desperate for love to love someone like you. Maybe I was too excited by the idea of love that I didn't notice you didn't love me. Maybe I was too hopeful that I was special. That I was the only one that could make you seem human." 

"You-" 

"Stop making observations. It's not going to make me feel any better." You turned your back on him and started walking. 

"Maybe I really did love you. But how should I know? I'm just the cold scientist that doesn't know how to feel." His tone seemed so dishearted. 

"Don't talk to me Albedo Kreidenprinz." You closed your eyes, and when you opened them, they were devoid of emotion. 

You walked away. 

No one came after you. 

When you reached the practice room, you heard your former friends chatting. You slowly opened the door and walked in. 

All conversation stopped. You walked over to the free chair and sat down. 

Everyone started speaking at once. 

Apology after apology layered together. 

You couldn't hear anything. 

It was loud.

Screaming. 

Yet you couldn't make out any distinguishable words. 

The walls made of sound were slowly building up, little by little.

They would soon be too high for you to jump over

It was hopeless

You would be stuck here 

Lonely 

Forever

You aren't deserving of- 

You held out your hand and suddenly, all the noise stopped. 

The walls crumbled. 

You could breathe again. 

You finally realized you were hyperventilating.