𝟕

𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐲

𝐀𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐀

We both say simultaneously before the door is thrown open, and her cautious face pulls into that welcoming smile.

So do mine.

"You are the new neighbour?" I ask.

Why am I surprised?

She said she moved to Malachi today so did Arwan in the morning when he told me new neighbours moved next doors.

I just didn't put two and two together.

Or rather I didn't thought any sane people like her would move into a house like this one.

"And you're telling me you are my neighbour, flower girl?" She pulls me in a hug as if we have known each other for years.

"I'm sorry, do you guys know eachother?" Arwan prompts clearly confused as Nevan.

"She is the one who made my day bright today, I was telling you on the phone." I remind him and his mouth forms a O.

"Wow, I certainly feel owed to you Mrs. Savero now that I know who put my girl in a good mood today."

My stomach flip flops at the two words.

My girl.

He holds out the cake. "A small welcoming gift as happy moving and having us as your neighbours."

"Oh my gosh," Leah laughs taking the cake. "This wasn't at all necessary but I do feel so much more welcomed now. Thank you.

She gives me a geniune sweet smile moving back.

"Please come inside, though I have to warn you it's a bit messy."

"Oh no it's okay." I brush off when Nevan is already sprinting inside.

Leah laughs at his action as we get inside and holy shit is the house huge.

It feels like entering into a different realm.

And despite the fire burning in the fire place it's still cold.

And damp.

Has that musky smell of old and dirt.

Dirt and dust are an health hazard to Nevan so we can't stay here for too long.

And after that awful imagery I would give anything to get the fuck out of here.

I look around the living room, an antic chandelier lighting up the whole room, a greyish green couch that looks like a decades old.

Same goes for all the furniture.

Almost half of the things seems ancient and carved out of fine wood.

And there are lots of burgendies and greys.

Red walls complimented by grey curtains or other shades of grey decor.

May be for grey and red lovers this place would be heaven.

But to me it just adds to the shabbiness and dark aura of this house.

May be I can help her incorporate some colours.

A huge TV as big as an art display at a art gallery is hanging on the red wall right beside a skull of a deer.

Yup, this place is not for me.

They're some fake plants.

And boxes scattered all over the living room eating up the place.

A spiral brown wooden staircase with another beautiful chandelier hanging in the air as the stairs went up to the second floor.