𝟐𝟑

𝐀 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧

𝐀𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐀

"Hey babe!" I feel the bed dip beside me with familiar arms wrapping around my neck.

"Tamy." I sigh.

"Duh." She jokes an effort to make me cheer up but after the quick realisation I had last night before Arwan undoubtedly drugged me is still eating me alive.

The black shadows I saw dancing behind Seth in the mirror.

Those black tendrils of smoke that were emanating from him I had caught sight of for a split second in the mirror.

But it doesn't make sense.

I need Maisy to make it sense but the one time I might actually want to see her, she stays blissfully ignorant.

I left her five voicemails and none of which she has replied.

"It's raining and it's a rainy afternoon." She points out with a dramatic sigh. "Don't you think it's too...lame to spend a rainy afternoon sulking in bed?"

She hugs me close the smell of her perfume making me smile.

"It's not too lame when you feel like you are going insane." I grumble resting my head on my knees.

She knows some of my past, I have never been comfortable enough to disclose my tragic life story.

I hate the sympathetic looks I have gotten so far.

I have survived those days.

Don't sympathize me like I haven't been able to survive the hell.

"What is it Aery?" Her voice takes a serious turn. "You know you can always tell me anything and it will stay between us only."

I know that's a lie.

"It's something I'm not hundred percent sure off....." I trail off staring out the bedside window the gothic monstrous architecture staring back at me.

It looks like something, the Addams family would live in, well at least Morticia would love to pay a visit to Black Ivy on a rainy afternoon like today.

I don't like rain that much, it's a gloomy weather and that's all about it and the only person I know who is a fan of rain is Tamy only.

"Spill spill." Tamy pokes my arm. "I'm all ears."

Sighing I give it to her, it feels heavy to deal it on my own anyways.

The only reason I didn't tell Arwan yet is cause he is having his internal conflict I didn't want to trouble him with mine.

"Black smoke?!" Tamy almost shrieks and I cover her mouth with my hand.

"Keep it down!" I hiss.

"Babe....oh my gaawd...." She gasps staring at me like seeing a ghost. "Are you sure?"

"That's what I'm questioning?"

I rub a frustrated hand over my face not before staring at my perfectly healed hands.

This is what doesn't make sense either.

There isn't even a slightest hint of cut or anything on my palm and to think there was glass piece stuck on the inside of my palm.

When Arwan was going to dress the cut unwrapping slight bloody white hanky Ruan had wrapped around my palm with.

My eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing.