𝟐

𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐬 & 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐲𝐬
𝐎𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 & 𝐋𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞

𝐀𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐀

Scarlet.

Yeah that pretty deep red.

I don't like red.

I hate red actually.

Yet I love Scarlet.

Not the colour just the word.

I unlock the door punching in the code, the glass door of my flower shop and nursery swishing back letting me enter.

Call me a even big hypocrite that a florist and botanist hates the colour red.

Everyone I have ever known or walk through that door has always had this strange thing for red.

Red roses especially.

As if that colour and that flower is all they have ever known when it came down to love.

Now it's turn for Red to be called a hypocrite.

Why?

Cause how can a colour be a symbol of love and strength also be the colour of violence?

Why are all warning signs painted in red?

Why if red is associated with romance but we call toxic signs in relationship red flags?

Why is the colour of blood is red that when it's spilled it's a traumatizing sight?

Huh?

Controversial isn't it?

Arwan's mom is a trauma surgeon.

I don't like the word trauma so I am gonna put it like this-she is a special surgeon who performs complicated emergency surgeries.

And I have geniunely wondered & questioned her guts to deal with all that red blood and still be sane.

I wish I could be like her.

I have a very inverse relationship with blood.

I can't stand blood which equals to me unable stand the colour red.

Red is such a negative colour to me just upsets my spirit like doused in cowshit.

"Hope I am not too late." I turn to the voice of my coworker or Arwan's bestfriend and cousin, Coen, who was kind enough to offer to work as a part-timer at Scarlet.

"You are never too late, Coen." I roll my eyes.

"Nah just a bit chastised after yesterday." He shudders proceeding to put the flowers on display.

The red roses.

The flowers I absolutely distaste.

Yet my shop's name is SCARLET.

"Why what happened yesterday?" I walk in and out placing the baskets of flower.

My favourite are the yellow tulips and purplish-blue hydrangeas.

They are such pretty colours.

One reminds me of the sunny sky.

Other one reminds me of the beauty in the sunsets that transition from day to night.

Plants are therapeutic to me helps me keep grounded.

When you walk straight back, there's another set of glass door opening up to the plant nursery at the back.