𝟐𝟓

𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐢'𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐞

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀

Rosie gives me her classic eye roll with a pout followed next before shying away hiding her face in my neck.

She hates people for some reason.

As much as I hate people myself I have never taught her to be an anti-social yet she sulks away when it comes to new places and new faces.

We had admitted her to a private reputed school back in London, but due to her lack of willing participation and communication skills we had no other choice but to shift her to homeschooling.

And she actually loves studying and learning new things except the socialising part.

I was genuinely surprised when she initiated the first hi to our neighbour's son.

Zathrian.

Quiet an unique name like his charming face.

And may be my little Róisín experienced her very first crush at first sight.

People shy away from their crush and she gets bold infront of her crush.

The wooden glass door makes a creaking sound as I push it inside.

The smell of old wood and lavender scented candles enlightening the dark shop.

It's almost like an old library instead there are stacks of shelves filled with beautiful to weird antique items with their price tags.

I marvel at the antique jewellery collection.

Don't buy more jwellery.

But they're antique and classy.

Besides Marlon loves to see my neck covered in jewels.

I pout at the beautiful tiara studded with dazzling light emeralds.

"Wow."

I move onto the next item, a collection of  brooches definitely heirlooms sold or auctioned.

I ignore the simple pearl item directly landing my eyes on the on the saxon collar choker with rubies and pearls with gold.

Damn I'm so getting this one.

"May I help you?" I break my dazed stare with neckpiece turning my attention to the old lady with graying hair and a smiling wrinkled face.

She offers me a kind smile.

"Yes, I would like to have this and this." I point from the necklace to the tiara and lastly to the brooches.

"Marvelous choice, we go this last month only." She carefully takes out the items her hands gloved. "There," She holds the necklace near my neck accessing. "I knew a rare beauty is born somewhere for this masterpiece."

I simper at her words knowing the beauty she sees is as fake as my identity for this world.

"This masterpiece used to be of Queen Mary of Scots."

I gasp.

"Really?"

"Uh-huh."

"And what about this taira?"

"Oh this one belonged to Infanta Luisa Fernanda of Spain."

"No way."

"I couldn't believe it either when my husband brought this from the auction last year."